MX5 can't control fans

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

Delirious
LCD Geek

MX5 can't control fans

Post by Delirious »

I have 2 120mm fans plugged into gpo 1 via a 3 pin splitter. It controls those perfectly, however when i plug another 2, via another 3 pin splitter, into gpo 3 it freaks out. The fans on gpo 3 pulse from high to low rpm rapidly and the display goes crazy displaying all kinds of wierd icons and letters. Each fan only draws .30A at full speed, but i only run them 50% max due to noise.

Tom
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Tom »

How does it react with only 1 fan plugged into it?

Delirious
LCD Geek

Post by Delirious »

It works fine with just one fan plugged in.

Miles
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Miles »

Have you tried adjusting the frequency of each GPO accordingly...? Are you reading RPM...? :-?
Miles Y.
Head of Technical Support
Product Manager
Matrix Orbital

Delirious
LCD Geek

Post by Delirious »

Its not plugged in right now as it was pissing me off so bad i had to take it out. Im goin to put it back in for further testing saturday and sunday.

All i know is it worked fine, controled rpm's fine with 2 120mm fans goin into one header. Then as soon as i put another 2 fans goin into another header the display freaked out displaying wierd symbols then the fans pulsed rapidly and i couldnt control them even when i adjusted the rpms.

Delirious
LCD Geek

Post by Delirious »

After a clean install of windows and lcdc its working, atleast for now. I have 2 120mm fans in header 1 and 4 80mm and one 120mm in header 2, and i have control of them.

Tom
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Tom »

Glad to hear it works, :) . I hope it continues working for you. If you have any other questions, you can always ask.

Delirious
LCD Geek

Post by Delirious »

Thx, im hoping it was more of a software problem than hardware. Im working on a custom mount for it and ill have some pic's up soon.