PSU tripping I think.

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

anj
LCD?

PSU tripping I think.

Post by anj »

I've got a 230 wt PSU + a LK202-25 LCD.
When I connect it all up the LCD... when I turn on my PC, I get squat all. I then have to take out LCD, and disconnect power from PSU and leave it for 5min b4 I try and boot up again.
Is there a minium spec of a PSU with a LCD? But I also tried disconnecting my DVD-drive when connecting the LCD so there is more power, but it still 'tripped' (I guess thats what it is doing). I am using the cable from matrix orbital (btw, connecters pins are a bit dodgy). So please help me!!!
Is there a problem with LCD or PSU ?!? :-?

Miles
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Miles »

The unit you have, with backlight on, will only draw 180 mA of current so your 230wt power supply is more than enough...As for your power supply "tripping" when the LCD is connected causes me to believe there is definitely something else wrong. The LK202-25 you ordered, is it a wide voltage model?
Miles Y.
Head of Technical Support
Product Manager
Matrix Orbital

anj
LCD?

Post by anj »

heh i figured out the problem...
it wasnt a widevoltage LCD but was a wide voltage cable :(
this is why it tripped out on a 230W
at the time, i didnt relise it was a wide voltage cable (im a n00b :( ) but it was misleading on the suppliers website.
Thing is, I didnt relise this untill I tried it at a mates house that had a 4XXw PSU. 30s into booting up smoke appears out of no where and he quickly disconnects it b4 it goes up in flames. One of the serial wires burnt thro plastic and started this smoke. I plan on chasing it up with the supplier, coz I was very mislead.
But there u have it. :)

Miles
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Miles »

that would definitely do it...
Miles Y.
Head of Technical Support
Product Manager
Matrix Orbital

calvin166
LCD Geek

Post by calvin166 »

thats y u should always but from MO!
-Calvin166
"... and then..."

anj
LCD?

Post by anj »

who? what?
i guess 'but' was a typo for 'buy'
so who r 'mo', btw im in uk and this being a candian manufacture (I think) I guess u are on about an amercian/candian company, which isn't much gd 2 me =[