VFD2041 - Reversed Display

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

waffles
LCD?

VFD2041 - Reversed Display

Post by waffles »

I have a VFD2041 (serial port) that I run in my PC. I drive it through Girder and the LCD plugin. From one day to the next the display has started to show everything reversed, i.e. flow from top right to bottom left and characters mirrored vertically. This applies to regular display information as well as the test modus through Girder. It does not seem to be a software issue, as I tried an earlier system image from a time where the VFD worked fine. I also checked the connection. Everything seems to be fine. I did a brief Google search and I found a hint in a forum where someone suggested resetting the VFD. I checked the pfd manual but did not find anything in this regard.
Please advise.
Thanks!

Raquel
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Raquel »

Hi waffles,

Thank you for posting on the forum.

You may have already tried this but please do so again: reboot the computer (give it a complete power cycle which wshould also give a complete power cycle on the VFD2041). You've mentioned that it might not be software, but then mentioned that the VFD worked fine. So I wonder if its the VFD that needs resetting, or the software talking to it.

Please let me know how it turns out.
Raquel Malinis
Design and Development
Matrix Orbital

waffles
LCD?

Post by waffles »

Raquel wrote:Hi waffles,

Thank you for posting on the forum.

You may have already tried this but please do so again: reboot the computer (give it a complete power cycle which wshould also give a complete power cycle on the VFD2041). You've mentioned that it might not be software, but then mentioned that the VFD worked fine. So I wonder if its the VFD that needs resetting, or the software talking to it.

Please let me know how it turns out.
I already tried rebooting the PC, as well as I tried an earlier system image (Ghost) to no avail. To clarify, during the time (several weeks back) I had created this image the display had worked fine. Now with the same image the VFD no longer works properly.
Therefore I was inquiring about the possibility of resetting the VFD... or any other suggestions you may have.

Thanks!

Raquel
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Raquel »

Hi waffles,
I'll be speaking in behalf of my colleague, Tom Lam, our tech support. I told him about your problem and he mentioned that he has seen the same behaviour and for now his suggestion is to uninstall/re-install the software you use (Girder and LCDC). I hope that this leads to something meaningful.
Good luck and please keep us posted.
Raquel Malinis
Design and Development
Matrix Orbital

waffles
LCD?

Post by waffles »

Fixed it!

After I had tried an even earlier image to no avail I simply unplugged all connectors to the VFD for 5 minutes while the PC was off, booted up again and everything is fine again.

Thanks!

Tom
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Tom »

Glad to see you got the unit working.

If you have anymore questions or concerns, please feel free to post them.

Best Regards,