MX412 ?bad unit? Can't detect/connect to it

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

stevecs
LCD?

MX412 ?bad unit? Can't detect/connect to it

Post by stevecs »

Ok, just got a MX412 and have been banging my head against the wall for the past 2 weeks with it. I can install the drivers (both usb & com) without a hitch under winxp, the devices show up in the device manager with no problems. I've tried both the v1.4 and the newer v2.0 drivers.

Now the fun part comes in, trying to use LCDC, zero luck won't find crap even if I specify the port it can't see it. Then after some searching found the uProject (v0.7) program and likewise that can't find it and even when manually specifiying it nothing.

The display backlight lights up but nothing on the screen. Anyone have any ideas? (tried MO tech support both e-mail & phone but no responses from them).

Paradigm
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Paradigm »

Sorry about the delay getting back to you. We're still winding up our tech support after the hollidays. In fact I believe that I just got your voicemail.

So if I'm understanding you correctly, you have the drivers installed, and it shows up in device manager. If this is the case, windows *should* have assigned it a virtual com port. It's usually COM4 or higher. Check the properties of the display in the device manager and see what it is.

Once you have that you need to tell LCDC/uProject where to use that com port to talk to the display.

Let me know if this helps. If you need more info I'll post a few screen shots.
James McTavish, P.Eng
Director of Engineering
Matrix Orbital