Lcdc errors

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

djbert
LCD?

Lcdc errors

Post by djbert »

hi,

i'm using my lcd 4 months now, without any problems, untill next week, lcdc gave me these errors and closes. It doesn't help with reinstalling the software and/or drivers. i'm using an floppy cable for external power, so my lcd switches on when i'm starting my computer. Since lcdc is doing strange, the lcd backlight doesn't power up anymore with my computer.

Errors:

Thx 4 any help

Bert (Belgium)
Last edited by djbert on Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mtbeercan
LCD!

Post by mtbeercan »

Have you installed any new hardware on your computer? In windows control panel / system /devices are there any "!" warnings? Have you tried reinstalling USB drivers? Boot up in safe mode and look at USB devices in the control panel / system settings. You might be surprised at what you see. I had MANY UNUSED USB devices listed. I deleted them and allowed windows to boot up normally. After it reinstalled the USB drivers all worked OK. May be worth taking a look at.

djbert
LCD?

Post by djbert »

i haven't recently installed new hardware. I watched in save mode to my control panel, but everything was fine, no warnings there :eyebrow:

Tom
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Tom »

Would you mind posting this problem at LCDC aswell? The link to the forum is posted below.

http://forums.lcdc.cc/

Miles
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Miles »

Do you have the ability to communicate with the unit at all?? i.e turn the contrast up/down, send text, etc.?? :-?
Miles Y.
Head of Technical Support
Product Manager
Matrix Orbital

djbert
LCD?

Post by djbert »

yes, but somethimes i see he freezes at 1 screen, or he changes contrast somethimes without any reason.. :-?

Miles
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Miles »

This sounds like a very ineresting problem...would you be willing to set up an RMA and have it shipped back to us were we can perform some tests on our test bench...?
Miles Y.
Product Manager
Matrix Orbital

djbert
LCD?

Post by djbert »

euhm, a rma :o , lol, where can i find that paper and the number?

what about the costs to send, import,...

may i send it in the original box?

Bert

Miles
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Miles »

Can you email me at myero@matrixorbital.ca and we can discuss a few options... :)
Miles Y.
Product Manager
Matrix Orbital

at_mosby
LCD?

Seeing the same problem

Post by at_mosby »

Hi!

I'm seeing the same problem; however, I suspect that it was due to a confilict with the motherboard monitoring.

It is a long way around to how I got to that conclusion, so please bear with me.

I've had my Matrix Orbital unit for less than a week, and I'm having a blast playing around with it. One of the things that I unsuccessfully tired to do was to watch my e-mail.

That was a disaster. I ended up unable to read the e-mail from my login acount, and I started seeing crashes. At first I attributed them to my e-mail efforts.

So I turned of the e-mail monitoring. All well and good, by my LCD display was still shutting down, seemingly at random.

So I went into LCDC and looked further at the plugins page. All sorts of hardware monitoring was enabled. I turned it all off, especially since I wasn't using any of it. Then for good measure, I turned off the One Wire devices and unplugged them.

Since then, my LCD hasn't crashed.

As with everything, tackle the problem by getting rid of everything, and make a very simple setup. Then start adding back components till the system breaks again.
My day today? Nothing major, just Xenon base gone, Scorpio gone,
Tarrant dead, Tarrant alive and then I found out Blake sold us out.

Miles
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Miles »

This is a very interesting and systematic approach! Thanks for the suggestion! If we can decipher what is causing the conflict, the easier it is for us to fix!! :D
Miles Y.
Product Manager
Matrix Orbital

at_mosby
LCD?

Possible Cause

Post by at_mosby »

Incompatability with MSI's PC Alert 4.

Running all night and all day when earlier changes (No motherboard checking in place) *and* PC Alert 4 turned off.

This evening when I got home I turned on the motherboard checks. No problems for several hours.

Turned on PC Alert 4. LCDC crashed within 15 minutes. Looks like the problem is PC Alert 4's interaction with LCDC.

Oh yeah, and PC Alert 4 crashed at the same time as LCDC. :-)

Now it would be interesting to hear more details from the originator of this thread. Are you running PC Alert 4 or something like it?

Cheers!
My day today? Nothing major, just Xenon base gone, Scorpio gone,
Tarrant dead, Tarrant alive and then I found out Blake sold us out.

Mat-Moo
LCD Guru

Post by Mat-Moo »

What is pc alert 4? have you got a link? Does the latest release 1.06.30 make any difference?
## # Mat # ##
LCDC - Drive it to the edge baby!
http://www.lcdc.cc
Matthew@DPS.uk.com
DPS Ltd. (Not MO!)