Bare module same as MX3 in functionality?

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

WinoOutWest
LCD!

Bare module same as MX3 in functionality?

Post by WinoOutWest »

I currently have an MX-220 in my silver HTPC case. Unfortunately the brushed aluminum on my MX doesn't match the brushed aluminum on my desktop case. Additionally I would like to go to a VFD instead of the LCD. I have a drive cover that is a perfect match so I want to install a VFD module into that.

My question is: "Do I have the same connection and controll options (fan headers/temp sensors) with the bare module (VK202-24-USB) vs buying an "MX" module? If not what are the differences?

Cheers!
Wino

Adam
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Adam »

Hello Wino Out west,

You would have the exact same functionality as the MX unit. The bare or individual VFD unit is the same that is used in the MX units.
Adam L.
Sales Manager
Matrix Orbital

A nod is as good as a wink to a blind bat.

WinoOutWest
LCD!

Post by WinoOutWest »

Thanks. And you can call me Wino!

One more quick question then... well two actually...
:)

1) does the template and mounting instructions that I found elsewhere on th MO site come with bare module? So I basically cut (the case), peel (the included adhesive) and paste (the module onto the opening)?

2) I presume I want the blue filter to give me nice blue letters? (I only ask because the red filter gives you white letters.) If not which filter to give me blue characters?

Cheers!
Darren

Bernie
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Bernie »

Hello Wino, the bare unit (as discussed above) does not come with the overlay or mounting kit. You can find these under accerssories if you are interested in purchaseing them seperately:

http://www.matrixorbital.com/pages/acce ... choose.asp

The blue filter will give you the blue characters.

Regards,
Bernadine