Hi there!

I just recived my order from you and the Packing list shows:

1 GLK12232-25
1 48" Serial Cable
1 12" Serial Cable
1 MK2041-BG
1 UN-Modified Power Cable
1 CD Rom

I got an answer from Henry on what i needed to get things working (http://www.lcdforums.com/forums/viewtop ... &forum=1&6. 1 power cable and 1 serial cable. Where on the backside of the LCD can i connect the serial cable? And i assume i just connect the power cable i recived in the white connector where it says: Yellow, black, black, red ??

The reason i ask this is because the picture that Henry posted in the link above seems to use some other cable??

Excuse me for modifying your pic but i dont seem to have recived a cable that looks like the one on the picture below:

Best Regards
Rickard

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rickard on 2002-01-08 14:22 ]</font>

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

In the picutre the LCD uses a -4BR cable to connect to the pins on the LCD... does you LCD have pins on the back? if so, the Red connecter is where the serial cable needs to go. Since it looks like you didn't order the -4BR cable you will need to modify on of the serial cable to do this. Cut the end off, use a multi meter to find pins 2,3,5 and find your self a connector that will fit the red one (you can us a cut off floppy power connecter) the solder pin 5 to the GND, 2 to rx and 3 to tx.. done.
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

Rickard
LCD?

Post by Rickard »

Please ignore everything below if you dont work for Matrix Orbital.......

That is way out of my knowledge. Thats why i asked you what i would need to make things work. Here's what you said:
--------------------------------------------

I would recomend using the MK2041 which is a mounting kit. Glue the two blank inserts together and then cut out a hole for the LCD.

This GLK12232-25 was mounted in 2 3.5 drive was by doing exacly what I said. Then you need a power and serial cable.

--------------------------------------------

I orderd: MK2041, GLK12232-25, power and serial cable because i tought i would be ready to use the LCD. If you work at Matrix Orbital, how can you ask me if my LCD have pins on the backside? Shouldnt you guys know that?

Heres a pic of the LCD i recived today:

I assume you send the cable today that i need??

Thank you,
Rickard

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rickard on 2002-01-08 14:44 ]</font>

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

The reason I asked if there are pins on the back is there are two models of the GLK12232-25 and GLK12232-25-NC... I was just making sure as to which one you got, as they are exactly the same displays and can be easily mistaken for one another. After reading the entire thread again here, I do apologies for not going into more detail. The -4BR is a serial cable, just not in the traditional sense. I did make a mistake for not giving a proper parts list... please e-mail me support@matrixorbital.com with shipping information and I will ship out a -4BR cable to you.
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

Rickard
LCD?

Post by Rickard »

Thank you very much!

I very much appreciate your kind help and your companys nice behaviour to their customers. These little things make a customer come back the next time.

Regards and thanks,
Rickard (Happy customer :smile:)

PS: I'll send that email right away. DS

linear
evil Dr. linear
evil Dr. linear

Post by linear »

Yeah, Matrix Orbital is excellent to their customers. You've just experienced the Matrix Orbital difference...

Now tell all your friends.

gordy_hand
LCD Guru

Post by gordy_hand »

On 2002-01-09 08:36, linear wrote:
Yeah, Matrix Orbital is excellent to their customers. You've just experienced the Matrix Orbital difference...

Now tell all your friends.
PIMP :grin:

I have expreienced the same super service from MO tell every1 :grin:

ChriX
ICEHW.net
ICEHW.net

Post by ChriX »

me too - mo rox :smile: