MX212 Keypad

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

m00
LCD!

MX212 Keypad

Post by m00 »

Hi,
I've had my MX"!" working for few months.
After having to manually reset it, the keypad does not seem to work anymore. I have it on pin 3 to second from last pin, from left to right. Any idea's? Some keys work occasioanlly, but other times they don't. eg. Directional controls don't work, function keys don't work, pause works sometimes if pressed for long time.
Any idea's ? Thanks, m00 [ http://angrycows.net ]

Miles
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Miles »

Hello...

When re-installing your keypad to the keypad connector, make sure you have the keypad starting on pin C4. With this being said, you should have 3 empty pins on the left side and 1 remaining on the right side.
Miles Y.
Head of Technical Support
Product Manager
Matrix Orbital

m00
LCD!

Keypad

Post by m00 »

Yes, i have it on PIN 4, with 1 pin showing on the right, and 3 on the left, looking at it from the back, the correct way up.

Miles
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Miles »

I need you to try something for me...this will help me diagnose the problem.. Since you have it connected the correct way, then there is only two possibilities why this is not working. It has to be either the keypad overlay or the unit itself. Disconnect the keypad and take a piece of wire and short a column and row starting with C1 x R1, C1 x R2 and etc. To read the values from the keypad, you can use the "test display" section in LCDC. You can refer these values to the correct keypad mapping in the manual under the keypad section...Let me know how you make out...
Miles Y.
Head of Technical Support
Product Manager
Matrix Orbital