LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

JonC
LCD!

Remote Power ?

Post by JonC »

Hey guys..

another stupid question here..

I think that I have decided to take my VK204-25 out of my case.. and make a separate display thingie next to my monitor.. That way I could put multiple displays in the same place.. I could monitor multiple systems in the same place.. AND .. I might be able to play around with a keypad..

How could I make/purchase a remote power supply for these little trinkets..

It couldnt be as simple as going down to the local radio shack and buying a ac-dc power converter could it.. ?

I know that I could wire up another PSU.. however.. I really dont want to add any more noise.. ( 4 computers is loud enough )

SilmarilS
LCD Guru

Post by SilmarilS »

just run your power from the psu of the computer that your lcd is connected to...you need a cable with 5 wires...3 for data + 2 for power....
very simple to do....
it's the same as to have it inside your case but with just longer wires....
VFD2041-V -- System Status -- Internal
LK402-12-V -- MP3 Remote -- External
LCD2041-WB-V -- 2nd System Info -- Not installed

Miles
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Miles »

Hello...

I like the suggestion that SilmarilS gave...You can use one cable for both power and data and just grab your power from the psu. You can do it two ways...one way would be for you to apply 5 Volts and data via the DB9 or you can still use the one cable and split it into two connectors (DB9 and power input connector) at the LCD end. If you need more information see the following link:

http://www.matrixorbital.com/pages/manuals.asp

If you have any further questions don't hesitate to post!!

:D
Miles Y.
Head of Technical Support
Product Manager
Matrix Orbital