Temperature probes ?

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

{ISV-K}SVX
LCD!

Post by {ISV-K}SVX »

Thanks for the reply. It is a shame the MX212 is not upgradeable. You could really have a market there. I may have to hock my 1mo old MX212 on Ebay in order to get the new one. Do you have a msrp or is that classified still ;) Hopefully it won't be as pricey as the Innovatek and around the same as the MX212 if not a little more.
{ISV-K}SVX
www.isv-knights.org
"I'm on Fire!"

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

NP, the new MX2 will cost the same as the current one does, how we do it, don't even ask :o

The LCD will not include any temp probes you will have to get those seperetly, and I do not know if we will have any available right away for sale either, they will be a DIY kind of thing. We made sure to use a really universal header, it's a WOL header, so you can go to a local computer shop and ask for a handful of WOL cables, as I'm sure they have a million unused ones, and then just get a probe... simple.
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

{ISV-K}SVX
LCD!

Post by {ISV-K}SVX »

WOW Nice! Same price?? If that is the case I can say you will have a winner on your hands given the other options on the market. You guys already have the best looking LCD's, so you will have a corner on the market at least for a little while.

Until your post, I was seriously considering the Innovatek and was gonna take the lcd from my MO and the control module from the Innovatek and combine them. Now it looks like I won't have to do that!

Np making the thermistors...got plenty in my inventory as well as WOL cables :)

Thanks for the input!! I will be eagerly awaiting.
{ISV-K}SVX
www.isv-knights.org
"I'm on Fire!"

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

The MX2 (aka LK202-24-USB) is a precursor to the next MX4 <:) The 4 line version of the display. It will be everything the MX2 is, but more... I'm glad you got everything anwsered, keep an eye on the forum as I'm sure many anoucements will be made.

I have made about 5 temp probes so far, they are easy, just remember heatshrink and remember to put it on the wire BEFORE you solder everything together :roll: The probes them selfs cost only $4.50 or so USD, and you can track tehm down all over the place. I will put up a guide on how to make them in two weeks or so.
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

{ISV-K}SVX
LCD!

Post by {ISV-K}SVX »

4 Line? Does this mean you will be able to squeeze a 4 line display into a 5 1/4" bay like the MX2 series?
{ISV-K}SVX
www.isv-knights.org
"I'm on Fire!"

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

{ISV-K}SVX wrote:4 Line? Does this mean you will be able to squeeze a 4 line display into a 5 1/4" bay like the MX2 series?
no, it will be a double bay insert with keypad and so on...
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

stevenmh
LCD?

Post by stevenmh »

I'm glad I stopped by the forums before placing an order. I was going to order tonight, but I think I'll wait for the new version.

You mention being able to slow down the fans...is this purely a manual task, or will the unit be able to control the fans automatically based on the thermal probe input?

I was planning on buying a Fanstorm controller when the new model is released shortly, and also getting a MO LCD. After reading this, I'm wondering if it'll be redundant to have both. If the MO will serve the functions of the Fanstorm, then I can skip the Fanstorm. This would also free up a drive bay for me....and if I'm understanding what I've read, there will also be a 4-line 2-bay unit capable of controlling fans and reporting temp and rpms? Will this be out shortly along with the 2-line unit, or will there be further waiting for the 4-line unit?

{ISV-K}SVX
LCD!

Post by {ISV-K}SVX »

Any more on this? It has been well over two weeks and we have still not heard anything from MO on these "new" devices.
{ISV-K}SVX
www.isv-knights.org
"I'm on Fire!"

stevenmh
LCD?

Post by stevenmh »

{ISV-K}SVX wrote:Any more on this? It has been well over two weeks and we have still not heard anything from MO on these "new" devices.
Yeah, I'm interested in finding out more about this. There's still no word on the new Fanstorm unit either, so I'm basically waiting to buy from whichever vendor releases something first. I'm starting to go deaf listening to my 92mm Tornado.

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

Engineering samples have been sent out to a number of developers and testers. More will be shipped next week. All that is happening is that we are makign sure everything is working 100% and that there is software that will support these new features.

It's coming ;)
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

{ISV-K}SVX
LCD!

Post by {ISV-K}SVX »

I would be glad to test one and post a review on our site if you like :wink: .

www.isv-knights.org
{ISV-K}SVX
www.isv-knights.org
"I'm on Fire!"