Keypad that will fit in a single 5.25 opening

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

jennyfur
LCD?

Post by jennyfur »

ok, I changed my mind and decided to go with rocker switches instead of pushbutton switches. Considering I'm controling things like lights on/off I figured they would be more suited, not to mention look better. Now here's where I ran into some trouble... do I want momentary on, or momentary off? Chances are the light will be on more than off if that helps any. So anyway, I can purchase a switch with either the configuration:

on - (off)
OR
(on) - off

Once I have the right switch, all I need to do is solder it to a cd/audio cable which plugs into the keypad header on the LCD, correct? Or am I missing something here?

Stig
LCD Geek

Post by Stig »

Hi..

You want the switches to be normally off/momentarily on, off - (on).

Stig

jennyfur
LCD?

Post by jennyfur »

Cool, thanks. I found a cable with a 2 pin connector on an old fan and used that to connect to the LCD's keypad header, so I suppose now all I need to do is solder it to the switch and it's good to go! :smile:

Stig
LCD Geek

Post by Stig »

Yep. Remember to put the connector on pins 3 and 4 on the keypad connector, connecting Row3 and Column 1 (if you are using only 1 switch).

Stig

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

More or less :grin:

ALl you need to generate a key press is one row pin shorted to one column pin, it doesn't matter which one either may be.
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital