Couple of questions about the MX4 and MX3..

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

NeilFawcett
LCD Geek

Couple of questions about the MX4 and MX3..

Post by NeilFawcett »

I've seen them both mentioned for sometime now. Do we actually when they're coming out.

What exactly is the MX3? ie: How does it compare to the MX2?

Do we have any sort of picture of what the MX3 and MX4 are going to look like?

I believe the MX4 use two 5.25 bays. Do we know if it will actually mean you can't mount a hard drive (for example) in one of the two of the bays its using up? ie: If the hard drive sits back a couple of inches.

I'm putting off getting an MX2 until I know what the options are... :(

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

The MX3 is the same as the MX2 except it will be a VFD instead of a LCD... The MX3 will be ready as soon as the CDs come... but they might be on the website sooner and the manual/cd will be downloadable.
I believe the MX4 use two 5.25 bays. Do we know if it will actually mean you can't mount a hard drive (for example) in one of the two of the bays its using up? ie: If the hard drive sits back a couple of inches.
yes, it takes up two bays with you real way of mounting anything behind it, but if you get creative you should be able to.
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

NeilFawcett
LCD Geek

Post by NeilFawcett »

When will the MX4 be out do you estimate? It seems to have been a looooong time coming. Any previews available any where :)

NeilFawcett
LCD Geek

Post by NeilFawcett »

NeilFawcett wrote:When will the MX4 be out do you estimate? It seems to have been a looooong time coming. Any previews available any where :)
Hello? Anyone? Echo... echo... echo...

Anyone know when the MX4 will be out?

Adam
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Adam »

As soon as the keypad company learns how to read specs and sends us the right product. The first samples did not work. We are trying to get them as fast as possible :eyebrow:
Adam L.
Sales Manager
Matrix Orbital

A nod is as good as a wink to a blind bat.

NeilFawcett
LCD Geek

Post by NeilFawcett »

Adam wrote:As soon as the keypad company learns how to read specs and sends us the right product. The first samples did not work. We are trying to get them as fast as possible :eyebrow:
Don't tell me, they got millimetres and metres mixed up you couldn't fit the keypad through the door :)

Adam
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Adam »

It was more like putting the traces in the wrong place so that only half the buttons worked. That is something we can not fix here unfortunatly. Our team is good but not that good. <:)
Adam L.
Sales Manager
Matrix Orbital

NeilFawcett
LCD Geek

Post by NeilFawcett »

Is there going to be a buttonless version of the MX4 out of interest? ie: Just the display and bezel?

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

NeilFawcett wrote:Is there going to be a buttonless version of the MX4 out of interest? ie: Just the display and bezel?
Yes, black aluminum and silver aluminum which should be here in 4 weeks.
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

NeilFawcett
LCD Geek

Post by NeilFawcett »

Henry wrote:
NeilFawcett wrote:Is there going to be a buttonless version of the MX4 out of interest? ie: Just the display and bezel?
Cool... I'm looking at one of these for my Lian 65 case... So hopefully the bezel will be a good match...

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

NeilFawcett wrote:
Henry wrote:
Cool... I'm looking at one of these for my Lian 65 case... So hopefully the bezel will be a good match...
perfect match.... :D
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

VJ
LCD Guru

Post by VJ »

Adam wrote:As soon as the keypad company learns how to read specs and sends us the right product. The first samples did not work. We are trying to get them as fast as possible :eyebrow:
What kind of keypad will be on it (how many keys) ?
The same as on the MX2 ?

J

Adam
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Adam »

The keypad will have 14 major buttons. Play, stop, forward, rewind, up, down, enter button in center with 4 directional arrows around it and F1, F2, F3. Then of course there is the mysterious 15th button...............
Adam L.
Sales Manager
Matrix Orbital

VJ
LCD Guru

Post by VJ »

Adam wrote:The keypad will have 14 major buttons. Play, stop, forward, rewind, up, down, enter button in center with 4 directional arrows around it and F1, F2, F3. Then of course there is the mysterious 15th button...............
Thanks!
Cool...
(could be overkill for me though :) But then again, who *needs* an LCD :D)
Hmm 15th button... some sort of "shift" function to result in 28 usefull buttons ? <:)

J

strossos
LCD?

Post by strossos »

What will the mx4 with the keypad fit into? The same 2 bays, correct? And what will be the colors of the mx4 with the keypad?