questions on the VK204-24-USB

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

JonC
LCD!

questions on the VK204-24-USB

Post by JonC »

I have a couple of questions..

I just purchased a vk204-25 .. How will the up and coming VK204-24-USB differ..?

What are the changes.. and what exactly is the difference.. other than the usb connection..

are there more built in functions.. ? if so.. what are they.. I am new to all of this..

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Re: questions on the VK204-24-USB

Post by Henry »

JonC wrote:I have a couple of questions..

I just purchased a vk204-25 .. How will the up and coming VK204-24-USB differ..?

What are the changes.. and what exactly is the difference.. other than the usb connection..

are there more built in functions.. ? if so.. what are they.. I am new to all of this..
The Vk204-24-US will have 4 fan headers. 6 temp probe spots, 24 key matrix, startup screen, be USB and 3 low power GPOs. It will be able to use the new accessories, like the Indicator and temp probes and so on. No price or release date is set though.
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

JonC
LCD!

Post by JonC »

Thanks Henry..

I will keep a eye open for them..

Are they going to be offered in a 2 and a 4 line model..?

calvin166
LCD Geek

Post by calvin166 »

the MX2xx is the 2 line model :P
-Calvin166
"... and then..."

frenzon
LCD?

Other USB VFDs?

Post by frenzon »

A quick question - will there be any other USB VFDs, and will they be USB-powered? I have a presentation to give in ten weeks that's going to involve portable in-car HUD systems, and messing with serial+power is going to be a bit too messy.

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Re: Other USB VFDs?

Post by Henry »

frenzon wrote:A quick question - will there be any other USB VFDs, and will they be USB-powered? I have a presentation to give in ten weeks that's going to involve portable in-car HUD systems, and messing with serial+power is going to be a bit too messy.
just the two, the VK202-24-USB and VK204-24-USB, both will be powered by the USB cable...
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital