Virtual display function problem

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

Mormelke
LCD?

Virtual display function problem

Post by Mormelke »

I am currently evaluating LCDC, so I can decide which display I should get for my purposes. The virtual display function should be excellent for this, but it doesn't seem to function correctly.
Whenever I add a screen in the screen builder, I can only have this screen displayed on the virtual display when I restart LCDC.
I see the screen refreshed some 3 or 4 times, after which the virtual display seems to freeze.
When I apply changes to my screens, the changes don't appear on the virtual display, not even after clicking the "start/stop display" button, unless I restart LCDC (which takes a long time due to the trial version restrictions...). Even then, it always stops displaying my screens after a short while.
I use Windows XP professional.

Is this normal ?

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

Try turning down you screenhardware acceleration by one notch.
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

Mormelke
LCD?

Post by Mormelke »

Henry wrote:Try turning down you screenhardware acceleration by one notch.
Nope, didn't do the trick. I even turned the acceleration down by more notches, till it was completely disabled. None of the settings did the trick, not even after restarting LCDC. Problem remains exactly the same.

Bursar
LCD!

Post by Bursar »

The Virtual Display is a bit buggy. I'vefound similar problems with. Mat has admitted to a few problems with it, but can't see where they come from in the code.

These problems don't extend to the LCD display though. Even when I'm running the screens in tandem, sometimes the virtual display will stop, but the LCD just keeps going anyway.

Try not to let it put you off. LCDC is a great bit of software.

Mormelke
LCD?

Post by Mormelke »

Bursar wrote:The Virtual Display is a bit buggy. I'vefound similar problems with. Mat has admitted to a few problems with it, but can't see where they come from in the code.

These problems don't extend to the LCD display though. Even when I'm running the screens in tandem, sometimes the virtual display will stop, but the LCD just keeps going anyway.

Try not to let it put you off. LCDC is a great bit of software.
I will happily believe that, but that doesn't really help me in evaluating the possibilities of the displays and their software before making a choice.
I would really like to know if I can implement my project on these displays, and which one I would be needing.
I've tried this on several different computers, but they all have the same problem : no updating on the virtual display. Maybe it is related to the fact that no real display is attached to the pc ?

Bursar
LCD!

Post by Bursar »

Mormelke wrote:Maybe it is related to the fact that no real display is attached to the pc ?
No it isn't. As I said in my reply, it still happens although I have an LCD screen connected.

Mat-Moo
LCD Guru

Post by Mat-Moo »

Believe me I have spent sooo much time trying to work out why it freezes that you wouldn't believe me! I thought I had a brainwave/it cracked with the coding in the latest version but it still fails. The worse part is that the code IS being executed but the picture not updated fo unkown reasons :( I am still working on it though...