LK204-25PC gpo problems :(

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

Stig
LCD Geek

Post by Stig »

Tested with a Fluke 189 set to Fast Min/Max and it measured 4.9A peak! But the strange thing was that the CC stayed on. I used some longer leads to be able to measure this and also without the meter, the CC stayed on. Took off the extra leads and the CC just flashed again. If I put the longer lead back in, the CC stayed on. Maybe I just have to use the longer leads too....? :)

Stig

nikko
LCD!

Post by nikko »

Weird thing

linear
evil Dr. linear
evil Dr. linear

Post by linear »

maybe your leads are bad.

Stig
LCD Geek

Post by Stig »

Don't think so since I use the normal ones all the time. I just extend them with another set of leads plugged into the connector on the first set of leads.

Maybe it's just the small resistance extra in the second set of leads that does it..? :)

Stig

nikko
LCD!

Post by nikko »

stig, if you decide to throw the disp away, sent it to me

Stig
LCD Geek

Post by Stig »

Right... :)

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

at 4.9 amps, I would have figured the GPO would blow up!?! hmmm...

where did you get these CCs? link? I'll pick up a couple in the next few days and try it here...

Stig
LCD Geek

Post by Stig »

I think the reason the GPO didn't blow up is because it lasted very short. I had to put it to Fast Min/Max to catch it, otherwise it would only show about 0.22A. Min/Max needs a pulse of 50ms or longer to catch it, while Fast Min/Max can catch it down to 250uS. I was planning to check the duration of the pulse, but I have only an analog scope and it can't do oneshot triggers.

I got it from www.microplex.no, but their website is only in norwegian. If you send them an email (support@microplex.no), they can probably tell you who manufactured them. It's a red 30cm CC from their new supplier. Looks like it came from www.bitsmodding.com by looking at the box.

Stig

nikko
LCD!

Post by nikko »

do you have any pic of the lcd setup ???