LCDC and Smartie

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

juju
LCD Geek

Post by juju »

Question:

Can LCDC and Smartie be running at the same time? (as they are two difference programs, but are addressing the same device)

And can Plug-in from Smartie be used at the same time LCDC is plug-in are being used?

If so how do you go about performming this?

Remember I am new to LCD's so don't be to hard on me :smile::)

Mat-Moo
LCD Guru

Post by Mat-Moo »

No, only one application may control a single Com: port at a time. And I don't believe the plugins would be anything like each other... Was there something in particular you want from smartie in LCDC?

juju
LCD Geek

Post by juju »

"Was there something in particular you want from smartie in LCDC?"

No there was nothen in particular I wanted from Smartie, just want to try a little mixing if it was possible.

So I will just stick with LCDC :smile: I got everytime working for me now E_mail, WinAmp and the GPO's.

I have WinAmp set up to Flash and Strobe over four 4 led's when playing.

I will be posting pictures in the next few days under the Lian-Li section.

Again thanks for all the help as I know some of my question may have seem off the wall. :smile:

As I am retired and sit up all night trying this and that and I am slowly getting it down. (My wife think I am nuts) :smile:

Mat-Moo
LCD Guru

Post by Mat-Moo »

:smile: No problem, I aim to please!

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

We know :smile:
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

jonahall
LCD?

Post by jonahall »

Talking of LCDC and Smartie...

My MO display is running through a USB/serial converter. The converter is set up by default as COM3 (I don't think I can change this). Smartie will allow me to set the COM port correctly and drives the display properly. LCDC will only see COM1 COM2 and COM5 (there is no COM5!). I suspect that LCDC is detecting the ports and is not seeing the USB COM port correctly. Is there a way of forcing it to see that port? If not, could we have a Manual Setting option?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jonahall on 2002-09-15 04:00 ]</font>

Mat-Moo
LCD Guru

Post by Mat-Moo »

LCDC should only show you the ports that it finds. So for example my laptop only has an inbuilt com1 (modem) but when I plugin the USB->Com adapter I then get a com 3 (?) I think) as well that I can use. Any idea what Com5 is then?

jonahall
LCD?

Post by jonahall »

There is no COM5! That's the problem, coz it doesn't find COM3 (which does exist) but COM5 which doesn't...

I must admit that I have been playing about swapping devices in and out - I am running an ancient Wacom tablet (which only wants to use COM1 or COM2), the MO display and a modem. The solution should be to put the modem on the USB converter, but for some reason it will only work for a while and then it gives up.

Have I allocated COM5 to something somehow? It doesn't come up in the Windows System display? And I can't change the COM port of the USB-Serial convertor in 98SE unfortunately...

Any ideas?

LCD Smartie seems to crash with depressing regularity :-(