Any cool ideas for 3.5 drive bay?

GTT Designer Software Support

Moderator: Mods

Masaladosa
LCD?

Any cool ideas for 3.5 drive bay?

Post by Masaladosa »

I know most modern cases don't have them. I found a case I really like that has 1x 5.25 (blueray drive), and 1x 3.5 drive bay(nothing so far.) I am looking for ideas to fill this space. I only have 2x 4pin fan connectors on the motherboard for, so I was considering adding a fan controller. The 3.5 bay is the only thing that makes the outside of the case look "unclean." This is mainly for looks. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks everyone!

Daniel Divino
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Re: Any cool ideas for 3.5 drive bay?

Post by Daniel Divino »

Hi Masaladosa,

There are a couple of cool programs you can run to control a display mounted in your drive bay. Are you looking to use one of our full colour TFT's, or would you be open to using a monochrome graphic display?

PC applications for case mounted TFT's are still fairly rare. You find a few of them here and there but it's still fairly limited. There are more programs for monochrome graphic displays, but it might not fit the aesthetic you are going for. Most of these applications are used to display system information such as fan speeds, temperatures, and CPU\GPU\RAM usage.

One application that we like to push is AIDA64 simply because they already have support for our displays, making it fairly easy to setup a case mounted System monitoring screen.

https://www.aida64.com/
IMG_4843.JPG
IMG_4843.JPG (90.71 KiB) Viewed 7876 times

Cheers,
Daniel
Attachments
IMG_4843.JPG
IMG_4843.JPG (90.71 KiB) Viewed 7877 times
Daniel Divino
Technical Support
Matrix Orbital