Boot time on GTT50A

GTT TFT Support

Moderator: Mods

gcardwel
LCD?

Boot time on GTT50A

Post by gcardwel »

I've been working with the GTT50A a bit, and I was wondering if anybody has some guidelines on how to reduce startup / boot time. I've been running the example that has the calculator, piano keys, and pictures, and it takes about 10 seconds to start, I'd guess (not measured)... during which time I just get the "please wait".

Is there anything that can be done to minimize this time?

Daniel Divino
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Re: Boot time on GTT50A

Post by Daniel Divino »

Hi gcardwel,

The GTT Demo project's slow boot is caused by the amount of images that get loaded during startup. Immediately after the display powers on, it begins to load all of the project's images into a buffer. These images include the calculator up and down button images, the piano key images, the language flags etc.

We chose to front load all the images for the Demo project to allow for faster screen transitions, and less waiting time during operation.

If you are developing a project and wish to have a quicker boot time, I suggest that you disperse the buffer loading throughout your project. For example, when transitioning from one screen to another, you only load the images you need to. Doing this may cause longer transition periods, but it will reduce the boot time overall.

If you haven't checked out the GTT Designer yet, I suggest you do. We have included quite a few optimizations to the Designer to ensure that screen transitions are, and load times are quick.

Cheers,
Daniel Divino
Daniel Divino
Technical Support
Matrix Orbital

gcardwel
LCD?

Re: Boot time on GTT50A

Post by gcardwel »

Thanks for the prompt response. I have worked some in GTT Designer, but haven't explored all of the features as yet.

Regards,

Guy