MOPGL240128D

Support for MOC/MOS/MOI/MOU/X-Board/MOP

Moderator: Mods

simioni
LCD?

MOPGL240128D

Post by simioni »

Hello there

I just bought the LCD of the model above, and I`m having some problems with it, could you please help me out on the following questions?

- What`s the use of the connector 2 for the proper use of the LCD?
- What`s the use of the frame signal, and the pins CP, LP, MD2 (connector 2) and M discribed on the datasheet?

And please, if you happen to have an example of a schematic of an assemble using an 8 bit processor, I`d really like to take a look at it.

Thanks in advance.

-Simioni-

PS: my boss is demanding this for yesterday, so I`d appreciate some help asap.

Raquel
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Raquel »

Hello Simioni,

Thanks for your post.
What`s the use of the connector 2 for the proper use of the LCD?
You can use either CN1 or CN2. If you chose to use CN1, there is no need to connect to CN2.
What`s the use of the frame signal, and the pins CP, LP, MD2 (connector 2) and M discribed on the datasheet?
I honestly do not know, I will forward your question to the manufacturer. If you chose to use CN1, then you will not need the pins mentioned.

Unfortunately, we do not have a schematic for connections to an 8 bit MCU. Please see the datasheet
for more details.

I suggest, if there is still time, to check out the serial module for the said parallel display here
The serial module will definitely cut the development time in half.

Best Regards,
Raquel Malinis
Design and Development
Matrix Orbital

simioni
LCD?

Post by simioni »

hi again

first, thanks for you answer, it helped a lot. But now I have some more doubts:

- What`s the memory adress of the characteres, and of the graphic area? These are not clearly shown on the datasheet, and I`m confused about it.

Thanks in advance

-simioni-

Ray
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Ray »

You'd probably be best off grabbing a copy of the T6963 datasheet from here or the small guide Steve Lawther wrote from here it outlines all the commands and setup sequence you need to go though.

simioni
LCD?

Post by simioni »

hi again

first, thanks for you answer, it helped a lot. But now I have some more doubts:

- Which code that the gentlemen use in the display that communicates for rs 232 with the processor atmega16 is possivel to send me an example of codigo used in glk240-128-25

Thanks in advance

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

If you are looking for a serial interface to the 240x128 I would recommend using one of our GLK240128-25 units

http://www.matrixorbital.com/product_in ... aphic-lcds
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

Ray
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Ray »

Sorry the source code for our GLK line of products is not available.

We offer the GLK line to customers so they are able significantly cut down on their development time while we offer the MOP series to customers who like a lower price and do not mind doing the work of actually interfacing with the LCD controller them selves.

While we fully support any technical questions on the MOP series we cannot however share the code of the GLK line of products with you.