Did a low baud rate damage my MX610 LK202-24-USB?

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

invalidbuffalo
LCD!

Did a low baud rate damage my MX610 LK202-24-USB?

Post by invalidbuffalo »

Before I knew anything about baud rate (and that MO units are specifically designed for 19.2KHz) I was trying different settings through LCDC. When I set the baud rate to 110 and ran the display it returned garbled text, so I stopped the display and it goes blank. Ever since I have not been able to get my display to work, as in when I connect it to my computer with usb, floppy connector, or both, I cannot get it to turn on. It still sends keypad data.

Can I reset the unit? Can I reflash the firmware?

invalidbuffalo
LCD!

Update

Post by invalidbuffalo »

Update:
I found the "manual override" reset instructions in one of the LK202-24-USB technical manuals and followed the procedure but the display still won't work. It still sends pwm and the gpo's work, and I can also communicate to it through uProject. I have been sending commands to the unit to set the baud rate to 19200 and also tried backlight/brightness commands but I am having no luck.

One discrepancy I found was the module type reads as 0x42, but the manual said it is 0x36.

grrRRRrrr...... I REALLY want to get this thing working again.

Can I send it in to have it repaired?[/b]

Raquel
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Raquel »

Hello invalidbuffalo,

Thanks for your post.

All our MX series run at 19200 baud only and for this reason, does not feature the manual override option. The 19200 baud rate on the unit can never be changed to anything else. It is the software app that needs to match the 19200 baud inorder to communicate with the module.

I am a little confused with:
It still sends pwm and the gpo's work, and I can also communicate to it through uProject. I have been sending commands to the unit to set the baud rate to 19200 and also tried backlight/brightness commands but I am having no luck.
So with uProject, you can communicate but could not send text and comands to the display?

As per the module type, 0x42 is for the PK202-24-USB, which is the MX610, not the LK202-24-USB. So if you do have the MX610, then 0x42 is correct.

Thanks,
Raquel Malinis
Design and Development
Matrix Orbital

invalidbuffalo
LCD!

Post by invalidbuffalo »

Raquel wrote:Hello invalidbuffalo,

Thanks for your post.

All our MX series run at 19200 baud only and for this reason, does not feature the manual override option. The 19200 baud rate on the unit can never be changed to anything else. It is the software app that needs to match the 19200 baud inorder to communicate with the module.

I am a little confused with:
It still sends pwm and the gpo's work, and I can also communicate to it through uProject. I have been sending commands to the unit to set the baud rate to 19200 and also tried backlight/brightness commands but I am having no luck.
So with uProject, you can communicate but could not send text and comands to the display?

As per the module type, 0x42 is for the PK202-24-USB, which is the MX610, not the LK202-24-USB. So if you do have the MX610, then 0x42 is correct.

Thanks,
Ok, thanks for the info. Basically the problem I am having with my unit is I cannot get it to display anything, ever since I momentarily tried a baud of 110 in LCDC (and setting it back to 19200). My computer can still communicate with it, as in send commands (text commands as well), read keypad input, control GPO's, but I can't get the display to show anything.

Jan Kerssen
LCD Geek

Post by Jan Kerssen »

Hi invalidbuffalo,

Also check the Registry if all the settings are correct in LCDC.

If not try reinstall. Make backups of your CF-files, CC-sets, LCDC Register.
Saves a LOT of work in case of a major crash.

Regards, Jan

invalidbuffalo
LCD!

Post by invalidbuffalo »

Jan Kerssen wrote:Hi invalidbuffalo,

Also check the Registry if all the settings are correct in LCDC.

If not try reinstall. Make backups of your CF-files, CC-sets, LCDC Register.
Saves a LOT of work in case of a major crash.

Regards, Jan
My registry checks out. The problem is definitely the display and not LCDC.

Raquel
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Raquel »

Hi invalidbuffalo,

If you can communicate with the display using uProject, then that kind of says that the display is okay.

Thanks,
Raquel Malinis
Design and Development
Matrix Orbital

invalidbuffalo
LCD!

Post by invalidbuffalo »

Raquel wrote:Hi invalidbuffalo,

If you can communicate with the display using uProject, then that kind of says that the display is okay.

Thanks,
Yes. However, I am unable to get it to display anything, as in the display is always dark; nothing "shows up." :wall:

I would be more than happy to send the unit in for you guys to look at. I just bought it a week ago so it's in warranty.

Raquel
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Raquel »

Thanks for the info. We will surely accept the display for repair.

One last thing I want to ask you is if you please turn the backlight on or off and turn the contrast up on the display (not sure if you have already done this, but if you please try it out again using uProject).

And as for the question 'did a low baud rate damage my display'? I very much doubt so. Something else must have happened.

Please send me a PM for your email address.

Thanks,
Raquel Malinis
Design and Development
Matrix Orbital

invalidbuffalo
LCD!

Post by invalidbuffalo »

pm sent

I tried changing the backlight/brightness/contrast again with no luck.