L@@king for a standalone hardware/software project

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

nk-nk
LCD?

L@@king for a standalone hardware/software project

Post by nk-nk »

I want to use the display in a non-PC application. I want to monitor a number of temperature points and maybe a few digital points. I don't have the time to learn how to do it from scratch. soooooo

Can someone point me towards a project that has a dedicated micro (or Win CE device) driving the display with temp and digital points?

Thanks,

NK

Jon
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Jon »

Hi NK,

Sorry I don't know if I understand exactly what you are looking for. If you could clarify what it is that you are trying to do I may be able to help a little bit more. Thanks.

--
Jon

nk-nk
LCD?

More specific

Post by nk-nk »

I want a stand alone micro, monitoring a TBD number of temperature points as well as TBD digital points on the 1-Wire bus. The results to be displayed on the Matrix Orbital display. I don't want a PC/Win based system due to size, cost and time to boot.

A standalone weather station application is similar to what I'm looking for.

I've looked through the app notes relative to the Javelin and Pic micros. The temperature module is a good start.

Thanks for helping,

NK

AJB2K3
LCD!

Post by AJB2K3 »

you would be better off learning about the pic micro and using a raw lcd.

Jon
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Jon »

Using a raw lcd can be quite time consuming and then you wouldn't be able to take advantage of our keypad interface, gpo's, or 1-wire bus. (never mind the other built in functions such as bar graphs, large/medium numbers and custom characters)

The 1-wire bus that we have built right into the majority of our displays should make your life a lot simpler. I am glad that you have found our appnotes... Sorry for not directing you there right away.

Was there any other questions that you had?