would like to say, hello & ty

Been using the VK204/24usb for a few months now ,
SilverstoneLC14-mod & lovin it.

running on Windows Vista 5384 &/ MCE2K5

Jon
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Jon »

Hi Shayking and welcome to the lcdfourms.

So what do you think of Vista?

shayking
LCD?

Post by shayking »

Jon wrote:
So what do you think of Vista?
hey Jon nice to meet yah
Well im fanboy when it comes to new PC anything so
thats an easy one... I love it!...lol

On the real, The new Video Rendering is amazing ,theres still a little perfomance issues MemoryLeaks, But if your system is a performance PC
you wont notice really.

LOK Defiance OpenGL (game) was and eye opener
on xpMCE2k5 it ran @ 60-75% cpu
on vista it ran @ 20% CPU ...wow :o
This shows how graphics are pumped direct to GPU for Faster calculations.
Over all 2D 3D is 4 fold better allround,
Most compnent drivers will install, but usually its by manual install.
Theres some annouying security crap but thats easlly adjustable.
I feel were going to be alot safer on the internet with this one..but who knows..

Its defintly going to be a goody with RC1 and Final.
If anybody is a tester like i am, with a good perfoming PC, Beta2 is a good OS in itsself.
recommend tryin er out..

have you gave it go ? whats your thoughts?

Jon
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Jon »

My friend just got his official Vista beta CD's in the mail a week ago. And he had a long list of things that annoyed him. Starting off with it corrupted his linux install, and previous winXP install that were on seperate partitions. It deleted files that were in his my documents, which included a couple Gigabytes of MP3's.

Anyways microsoft had him on a live chat for a while, so I'll have to let him share his great experiance with vista. But.....

Personally am really looking forward to it. I had downloaded "Avalon" last year already and was playing around with some of the features. I've also been browsing around the DX10 SDK, and just trying to see what the new features in Vista are going to allow for programmers. So far it looks like it's going to be a big step in the right direction... I'm going to try to put together an app for vista one of these days, to get a feel for it. So I'll let you know more of my thoughts then.

Nick
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Nick »

Brushing off feedback from testers and experts to push back the first release candidate of Windows Vista and issue a third beta instead, Microsoft confirmed Thursday that RC1 was on the way. Product Manager Nick White says Microsoft will re-open the Vista beta program for the release.

In addition, customers who participated in the Customer Preview Program for Beta 2 will automatically receive RC1, and those who missed the opportunity will have another. "I know you're excited. So am I -- and I'm using a newer build (5505)!" said White. "More news when it's available." Windows Vista RC1 is expected in the coming weeks.
Nick Hesson
Sales Rep.
Matrix Orbital