MX412 very dim

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

deathknight
LCD?

MX412 very dim

Post by deathknight »

I have owned an MX412 since about last August, but it has been sitting gathering dust until now. I have just (finally) completed the new machine with the MX412 and was dismayed by how dim this display is. I cannot find any combination of contrast and brightness that makes text easily readable. Plugging my mx212 into the same machine, and without changing its default contrast and brightness, the text is clearly readable from a distance. With the mx412 I shield away any ambient light with my hands and get very close to it in order to read any text.

Is there anything that I can do to improve the visibility of the text on the mx412? Currently I am using it via the external usb cable. Since the mx212 can also run off of the same usb port without issue it seems that it is getting enough power.

Tom
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Tom »

Hi deathknight,

Sorry for the late reply.

Was the MX412 bright when you first got it?

camman
LCD!

Post by camman »

Tom wrote:Hi deathknight,

Sorry for the late reply.

Was the MX412 bright when you first got it?

I am having the same problem with my MX412. The display has gotten very dim and barley visable. My unit is +3 years old.
Any recommondations?

camman

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Hi Camman,

Unfortunately, your MX412 has a white backlight that dims over time a little faster than some of our other models. Once it begins to burn out the only way to bring it back will be to replace the screen. Matrix Orbital can replace the screen, but the unit is out of warranty so you'll have to cover the cost of shipping by air to Calgary and back, plus parts an labour.

If you are looking to replace that unit, I'd recommend checking out the new GX series that has many of the same features.

If you have any questions regarding this new line, or the replacement/repair of your old unit, please just post them here.

Thanks,
~Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital

camman
LCD!

Post by camman »

Clark wrote:Hi Camman,

Unfortunately, your MX412 has a white backlight that dims over time a little faster than some of our other models. Once it begins to burn out the only way to bring it back will be to replace the screen. Matrix Orbital can replace the screen, but the unit is out of warranty so you'll have to cover the cost of shipping by air to Calgary and back, plus parts an labour.

If you are looking to replace that unit, I'd recommend checking out the new GX series that has many of the same features.

If you have any questions regarding this new line, or the replacement/repair of your old unit, please just post them here.

Troy,
What would be the cost to repair the unit?
Thanks,
camman

Thanks,
~Troy

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Hi Camman,

Your major cost for repair will be shipping, which is estimated at approximately $23.00 to $28.00 USD each way. The repair itself will be about $30.00 USD, which covers a new screen and labour.

~Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital