mx414 functions

Take a load off and chat!

Moderators: Henry, Mods

medwardl
LCD!

mx414 functions

Post by medwardl »

i know these displays can interface with winamp but can they be use to browse a hard drive and select a file to be played in winamp. does it also have the functionality to play pause and stop using the buttons on the display. also will lcdc interface with any of the graphical lcd displays.

thanks for any help *^_^*
medwardl

Jon
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Re: mx414 functions

Post by Jon »

medwardl wrote:i know these displays can interface with winamp but can they be use to browse a hard drive and select a file to be played in winamp. does it also have the functionality to play pause and stop using the buttons on the display. also will lcdc interface with any of the graphical lcd displays.

thanks for any help *^_^*
medwardl
hey medwardl,

currently there isn't a winamp plugin that allows you to browse your hard drive to find the song. Although it'd be a great idea for somebody to make one. The plugin does allow you to play pause, or go to the next song just by pressing the buttons on the front of the display. Thanks for the idea though. The MX414 is capable of displaying just about anything, if you made some custom characters you could easily replicate a simple file system.

Anybody that feels like making this plugin would get some mad props. Maybe if I get some free time on my hands I'll do it. But who knows when that'll happen. 8)

--
Jon

medwardl
LCD!

Re: mx414 functions

Post by medwardl »

ah ok thanks for the reply i hope someone could come up with something by the time i buy one of these I'm still trying to decide what one i want.

medwardl
LCD!

more questions

Post by medwardl »

alright some more questions are any of the graphical models in color or are any of them for that matter. With the graphical models can you upload your own fonts? can the color of the back-lighting be changed? how easy is it to write code for these things? thats all i can think of at the moment.

thanks for the help *^_^*
medwardl

Jon
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Jon »

All of our displays are monochrome, with your choice of color, however the color cannot be changed. Our graphical displays allow you to upload your own fonts and writing code for the displays is as easy as writing a consol program, if you are familiar with coding it should not be very difficult for you. You must simply include a library that allows you to communicate via the serial port, and send the messages to the display, instead of your monitor. The displays have many built in functions to aid in your development, which are all in the manual. There are functions that allow large or medium numbers, as well as bar graphs, which allow the making of things like equilizers to be a snap.

Jan Kerssen
LCD Geek

Post by Jan Kerssen »

Try the PLS Plugin by Techie007 to download at PR.net.
Allows you to pick and play or add media files s.a. mp3.
Using the visual output on the display of the MX for selecting.
Quite spectacular! Regards, Jan

Jan Kerssen
LCD Geek

Post by Jan Kerssen »

One can also use Plugin Hotkeys to control Winamp and PLS (and a lot of other things) directly from your keyboard. Regards, Jan

medwardl
LCD!

Post by medwardl »

thankyou
medwardl