2 Opteron temp displays = 2 LCDs?

Take a load off and chat!

Moderators: Henry, Mods

shawngibson
LCD?

2 Opteron temp displays = 2 LCDs?

Post by shawngibson »

I don't seem to be able to post in the seemingly more appropriate forum, keeps sending me back.

I would like please to know if I can have one Orbital display the CPU temperatures for 2 different processors (a pair of Opteron 252s) on the same display, or do I need to buy 2 units? Any advice or recommendations?

Thanks very much, I've looked everywhere, can't find the answer.

Shawn

Tom
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Tom »

Hi shawn,

You don't need to use two different displays to monitor 2 processors. You monitor the cpus with two temperature probes or if the software permits it, you can use the software inconjunction with the LCD software LCDC. The mx series allows you to have more than 2 dallas one wire temperatures at once. For more detailed information on the MX series, you can refer to one of the manuals at http://www.matrixorbital.ca/manuals/LK_ ... USB_TM.pdf For information on LCDC, you can refer to the link at http://www.lcdc.cc/about.htm

If you have anymore questions or concerns, please feel free to post them.

Best Regards,

shawngibson
LCD?

Post by shawngibson »

Great, thanks very much Tom. You just saved me from thinking I had to buy a different case than I was hoping for (because of an extra open bay).

Thanks very much for the very quick response.

Shawn Gibson

shawngibson
LCD?

Post by shawngibson »

Is it possible for one of the Orbitals to fit into 2 3.5" spaces? I'm having a heck of a time finding a case that I won't have to wait 4-6 weeks for delivery for. I can get a case that does what I need for drives, but then all that's available is 2 empty 3.5", i.e., Lian-Li PC-73.

Will an Orbital fit into that, 2 empty 3.5s?

Drives (6 empty hot swap external) and CPU monitoring is more important to me than the case...so I'd rather not buy this case if an Orbital won't fit into 2 3.5"ers.

Shawn

shawngibson
LCD?

Post by shawngibson »

Please ignore the last post. Very happily I found someone willing to get me the case I REALLY want, SC832T. So there is no concern.

Shawn

shawngibson
LCD?

Post by shawngibson »

OK I think I have figured everything out.

Now that I can put them in 2 bays, is it possible to have 2 exactly the same, except one prints red and one prints green, and both fit into the double bay black with buttons?

Just trying to narrow down my order. In other words, would this setup work, with 2 of these:

http://www.matrixorbital.com/product_in ... acter-lcds
http://www.matrixorbital.com/product_in ... acter-lcds
Attachments
comps.jpg
comps.jpg (78.3 KiB) Viewed 13269 times

Tom
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Tom »

Hi shawngibson,

Currently that set up won't work until the next release of the LK204-25. The LK204-25 will fit inside that mount, but the keypad won't connect properly. We have chaned it in the upcoming revision of the LK204-25. The display that will work for you will be the LK204-24-USB inside the mount shown at http://www.matrixorbital.com/product_in ... s-mounting

You may want to consider purchasing the unit as a MX4 series. I believe it might be less expensive to go that route, and you also get a lcdc key with it. The case you have for the display is a nice one. Your welcome to place your case inside our gallery after you are done with it.

If you have anymore questions or concerns, please feel free to post them.

Best Regards,

shawngibson
LCD?

Post by shawngibson »

Thanks Tom. I'm actually all set to order, so I'd like to see if I got you right. I don't really want the keypad, actually. I sort of made a mock order, and am I correct in this? I sent in an email, hope they know you've responded to me:)

LK204-25-IY
$82.95 USD
LK204-25-R
$82.95 USD
SERIAL CABLE -4BR
$10.78 USD
B2041-BK
$45.90 USD

If I am incorrect, for a 2-height non-key display, what is your total recommendation for me to purchase?

Shawn

Tom
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Tom »

Hi Shawn,

Jon has responded to you via email.

Best Regards,

shawngibson
LCD?

Post by shawngibson »

Hi Tom, thanks, yes he did - I ordered them both last night:) Thanks for your help:)

Shawn

shawngibson
LCD?

Post by shawngibson »

Got them - wow, that was FAST! Sitting here at work (I won't have the computers ready for these for a while)...I have one pretty green display and one pretty red display, just had to check them out:) My co-workers finally realize I'm a dork:)

Thanks guys!

Happy customer:)

Shawn