Keypad stopped working????

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

armax1980
LCD?

Keypad stopped working????

Post by armax1980 »

My MX2 w/aluminum faceplate keypad function suddenly stopped working. I tried using the test display function on the lcdc but nothing comes up, no matter which combination of col and rows i use. Is there another way to test the connectors and see if its dead or not? The display works fine and the virtual buttons works too. Not sure if this is a hardware or software problem.

Tom
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Tom »

Hi armax1980,

There is a way to test whether the keypad is working or not. First off you'll need the test display log window again. What you can do is take a wire, and short a row and column together. You should be able to see a character in the Log window.

Let me know how your test goes.

Best Regards,

armax1980
LCD?

Post by armax1980 »

I've already tried the wire shorting method...nothing.

Its wierd, when I first activated the display everything worked. But suddenly the keypad function stopped working and the lcdc program started having problems like unable to load certain apps. After reinstalling the lcdc program, the error were gone but the keypad still wouldn't work anymore.

Basically everything but the keypad works on the display. Also, using a multimeter there seems to be voltage for each of the col and rows except for row 1. Can't get any voltage reading for row 1 with any col combinations.

Tom
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Tom »

After you reloaded the drivers and LCDC software you couldn't use the keys still?

armax1980
LCD?

Post by armax1980 »

which drivers? the USB or the software?

Miles
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Miles »

Can you please contact me at myero@matrixorbital.ca and we can discuss some RMA options. I apologize for any inconvenience regarding this matter.
Miles Y.
Head of Technical Support
Product Manager
Matrix Orbital

G78
LCD!

Post by G78 »

armax1980 wrote:I've already tried the wire shorting method...nothing.

Its wierd, when I first activated the display everything worked. But suddenly the keypad function stopped working and the lcdc program started having problems like unable to load certain apps. After reinstalling the lcdc program, the error were gone but the keypad still wouldn't work anymore.

Basically everything but the keypad works on the display. Also, using a multimeter there seems to be voltage for each of the col and rows except for row 1. Can't get any voltage reading for row 1 with any col combinations.
Strange i had the same problems, and ended up the same way... still working on it to make sure the keypad is still working physically, and testing the driver part with the software newly reinstalled.
=G78=

Tom
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Tom »

Let me know if the test works out for you.

Best Regards,

G78
LCD!

Post by G78 »

Tom wrote:Let me know if the test works out for you.

Best Regards,
Well.. i didnt even needed to check it aftherall.... just started it a few days ago.. was working fine O_o... dont ask me how i did it.. i didnt do anything exept boot the pc like any other days.
=G78=

Tom
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Tom »

G78,

Strange how things just work out of nowhere.

Glad you got it working though. If you have anymore questions or concerns, please feel free to post.

:D

Best Regards,