VL System Zephyrus Fan Controller

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

TellarHK
LCD?

VL System Zephyrus Fan Controller

Post by TellarHK »

Has anyone found a way to tie the data from this device into a MO display? I just ordered one, and would like to get a MX5 one of these days, and combining the two seems like it would be a really great idea.

G78
LCD!

Re: VL System Zephyrus Fan Controller

Post by G78 »

TellarHK wrote:Has anyone found a way to tie the data from this device into a MO display? I just ordered one, and would like to get a MX5 one of these days, and combining the two seems like it would be a really great idea.
I purchase it also, but theres 2 big problem with this system;

First it goes full power at startup and on shutdown, no possibility to change the power setting like on my MX6.

Secondly the USB driver on it seems to have the gitters, and that even afther i downloaded the latest drivers for it, seems to overflow the buffer at time, like when playing a FPS game such as doom3 or BF2. To a point that the software part locks up and need to be stopped and restarted again. Take into consideration that their drivers are from a third party compagnie.

It does take MBM5 data but only the 3 first one on MBM5 list are used.

What would be cool is the possibility to add extra GPO on the MX6 (or any other LCD VFD or PLED screen from Matrix orbital) a bit like a extra card put over the controler that is already screw over the screen.

Like in my case, 3 advanced GPO wasnt enaught, i would have needed 3 more for sure. Plus the possibility to add new LED or cold cathode output would be cool also. So make them more modular.
=G78=

Tom
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Tom »

Hi G78,

To get more fan headers on the unit, you can use a 3 Pin Y Splitter shown at http://www.matrixorbital.com/index.php? ... an-cooling . You won't be able to control the headers independantly. They will both act the same way because they're using the same GPO. We will take any ideas in consideration with the MX6, since your opinion is valuable to us.

You can also get a 4x20 usb display, you can get an added GPO too. Unfortunately, we don't have any 4x20 pled displays at the moment.

If you have anymore questions, please feel free to post it.

Best Regards,