LK202-25-GW Getting only scrap

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

nik
LCD?

LK202-25-GW Getting only scrap

Post by nik »

Ok I have an Matrix orbital LK202-252-GW module and I have connected it to the com1 of my system.
The module wasn't foound by "LCDC auto detection" and after that I get only "scrap" on any text I send to display! :cry:
Trying to use another com port has the same effect. :cry:

I also tried to use LCD Smartie and the same incomprehensible characters appeared to my screen. :o
I have connected the module with a straight through serial cable using the pins 2, 3 and 5 of each "sub D".

I also have to inform you that the startup message on module seems to displayed fine except the two verical lines appearing in the first segment of the upper line (I don't know if its normal)

Any help?

Tom
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Tom »

Hi nik,

Try the following steps.

A manual override is to be used if for some reason the module is set at a baud rate which cannot be produced by the host system and all communication to the display is lost. The steps to perform this function are as follows:

1. Turn off the display
2. Put a jumper on pins 5 and 6 of the keypad connector.
3. Power up the display. The baud rate is now set to 19,200.
4. Set and save your desired baud rate.
5. Remove the jumper and change the RS-232 port settings to the desired baud rate if required.
6. Turn off the display.
7. Power up the display.

You can use uproject to test out and set your baud rate, which is found in the ecd that came with your display or you can download it at http://www.matrixorbital.ca/software/so ... /uproject/ .

Let me know if this works out for you.

Best Regards,

nik
LCD?

Post by nik »

Unfortunately I have no luck with the whole procedure. :cry:

I followed the steps you mentioned.

let me know if its correct:
powerdown the lcd
jumper the 5 and 6 pins on keyboard (are they in the middle of the keyboard connector?)
power up the lcd and start the "uProject.exe"
(here i need some help) using the autodetect on com1 with 19200 no decive has found.
tried again with different com port but the same effect.

also tried to use the "main" tab and set the baud rate to 19200 but i think that didn't worked out.

what going wrong?

p.s. Using the lcdc autodetection menu with the jumper applied to the 5 & 6 pins i get the message "device unknown"

:-?

what can I do about it?

Miles
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Miles »

Hi Nik,

Can you tell me where you purchased the module from?
Miles Y.
Head of Technical Support
Product Manager
Matrix Orbital

nik
LCD?

Post by nik »

From Parallax inc (their ebay account)

Miles
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Miles »

The only reason I asked is because the units bought from Parallax are currently set up in TTL mode and will not communicate directly to a PC without a "minor modification". Above the DB9 you will notice solder jumpers for different communication protocols. Currently, there are 2 jumps placed on the "TTL" section. Remove these 2 jumps and solder 2 jumps in the "232" section. Once you have completed this, try connecting to your PC. Let me know how you make out!! :D
Miles Y.
Product Manager
Matrix Orbital

nik
LCD?

Post by nik »

:D Success! :D

You guys are great

Thank you very very much
:D

Miles
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Miles »

:oops: Thanks!

Glad to hear that everything worked out for you!! If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to post!! :D
Miles Y.
Product Manager
Matrix Orbital