Can you tell me your Contrast Settings? MX222

Take a load off and chat!

Moderators: Henry, Mods

thodges33
LCD?

Can you tell me your Contrast Settings? MX222

Post by thodges33 »

Hi,

I noticed that when my MX222 first starts displaying the Matrxi Orbital Logo all is well, but then when you start the display and it goes through showing the different screens it gets harder to see, kind of purple squares behind each charaecture. This is with the display contrast set to the Recommened setting, think this is around 50% ish... i recently put it down to 35% and now it looks the same as when it first starts up (before you start display and it shows the differnet screens you've selected it to show in screen builder)

So is this the same for everyone else with the MX222? or is there something wrong with my display? :(

Thanks.

Tom
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Tom »

Hi,

Thanks for posting at the forum.

LCDC sets the contrast to a value of 128 for a recommended setting. The majority of our displays are set to this value for nominal viewing. However, 128 on the color you have will set the contrast a little higher. Therefore you will need to adjust the value lower for your viewing satisfaction. In your case it is 35% on lcdc, so your display is perfectly fine.

If you have anymore questions or concerns, please feel free to post.

:D
Best Regards,

thodges33
LCD?

Post by thodges33 »

Hi,

I have one more question, i have noticed that sometimes the display goes a little mixed up with charectures its showing and a re-start of LCDC is needed to fix this, also my display maybe once a day when i have had the pc turn on for a good 5-6 hours will turn off, but on the virtual display thing it is still working and a stop/start of LCDC is needed to get it to turn on again. So is this just bugs in the software?

Tom
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Tom »

Hi thodges,

To have any text display on the screen, the computer will send characters to the com port. To send characters to the com port, you use software to complete this task. For some reason your software stopped sending data to the unit, until you stopped and started the software again. It looks asthough there is a possible software bug.

Are you using the most updated drivers? The most updated drivers can be found at http://www.lcdforums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1016 . You may also want to upgrade to the latest LCDC version found at http://www.lcdc.cc/downloads.htm .

Hopefully this improves your situation.

Best Regards, :D