Questions Before Purchase From a LCD n00b

Take a load off and chat!

Moderators: Henry, Mods

bdiddy258
LCD?

Questions Before Purchase From a LCD n00b

Post by bdiddy258 »

Hello all...

Im going to purchase the MX324 next month. It will be used to monitor system info, and run my cold cathode lighting. I just want to be sure I have everything straight before purchasing... so please help me out!!!

1. For signal from my PC, I need to attach the MX324 to the MB using the supplied USB cable?

2. Using the MX324 to power up my CCFLs, I need to use power from the floppy power connector?

3. If I use the floppy connector to supply power to the MX324, I need to solder Jumper 1 and remove Jumper 2?

4. I also need to move the high power select to the correct position (left) for the 12V GFOs?

5. With that being done, I can connect my CCFL inverters to the GFOs?

6. As far as connecting the the CCFL to the MX324, what type of termination method is best (solder, crimp connectors, 3 pin molex)???

Help please! You will receive good karma!!!

Tom
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Tom »

Hi bdiddy258,

Thank you for posting at our forums.

Here are the answers to your questions.

1. It depends on what cable you want to use. If you are using the internal USB cable, then you are attaching the cable to your mother board. The external cable attaches to the external usb ports.

2. You will need to connect the unmodified floppy power cable to power up your CCFLs.

3. You don't need to remove jumper 2, and solder jumper one. It will work without any modifications.

4. Correct you will need to move the jumper to high power select. It should already be on that position by default.

5. You will be able to connect the CCFL inverters to the GPOs after the jumper is set onto high power.

6. Your inverter should already have a 3 pin molex. I like using the connector because it is the cleanest. It all depends on your preference though.

If you have anymore questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me.

:D

Best Regards,

bdiddy258
LCD?

Post by bdiddy258 »

For question answer 3... I should not touch those jumpers? Just leave em alone?

World class, Tom. Thanks!

:D

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

bdiddy258,

Yes, you should not have to touch any jumpers, the unit is set to high power by default, The only thing is, Tom said your inverter should have a 3 pin molex connecter, this may probably not be the case, normaly the inverter is a 4 pin molex connecter and required a 4 to 3 pin converter, we have for sale here

http://www.matrixorbital.com/product_in ... cts_id=275

Any more questions, you know where to post...
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital