VK204-24-USB stopped working tonight

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

noodleNT
LCD!

VK204-24-USB stopped working tonight

Post by noodleNT »

Tonight my Display quit on me. I have tested it on two machines and all what happens is Windows XP detects it and installs the driver but LCDC or any other program cant detect it.

Is there a way to reset the display? The screen is just dark. I don't even get the Matrix Orbital Logo when powered up.

noodleNT
LCD!

Post by noodleNT »

:jawdrop: :cry:
Well... I see what happend. When I was screwing a fan back in I pinched two of the 3 fan wires between the fan and the case which broke through the insolation causing a short. Looks like I killed it. :cry: Thats an $130 mistake I wont make again. :cry: Well... at least it was just the display and not the MOBO. Sucks though. :cry:

I don't think this would be covered on warrenty. Would it just be cheeper and quicker to buy another?

Tom
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Tom »

Can you try to power it up without any devices hooked up to the GPO's and see if the display works?

noodleNT
LCD!

Post by noodleNT »

Yep.. tried even on an extra powersupply that I use for testing fans and other equipment. (Modded so I dont have to have it conneted to a MOBO)

The screen stays dark. This happend earlier over the weekend (prior to the fan insodent) when I was messing with Girder's LCD driver plugin. LCDC stopped working and for a little bit I couldn't get the display to work again till I powered down the whole system (standard windows reboot left the screen blank) and unplugged the power supply. Once I plugged everything back in and booted up I finally got the MO logo and LCDC started working again.

Shouldn't I get the logo even when the display isn't plugged into the USB of a machine? If so... I don't. :(

In the mean time I purchased another one for a replacement. If I can get this working though it will be great. I will have one for the HTPC and the other for the gaming machine. I really liked having it on my gaming machine when I was testing it with the new TeamSpeak Pluggin for LCDC.

Tom
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Tom »

Please email me at tlam@matrixorbital.ca and we can discuss RMA options.

noodleNT
LCD!

Post by noodleNT »

Did you get my email?

Is there some sort of reset I could try first?

Tom
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Tom »

Have you tested it out with the LCD tester? If you don't have it, you can download it at http://www.matrixorbital.com/pages/downloads.asp.

I haven't gotten your email yet. When you email me, can you provide a high resolution picture of the back of your display for me?

My email again is tlam@matrixorbital.ca

noodleNT
LCD!

Post by noodleNT »

Tried LCD tester and It couldn't find the device.

I will try and get you a high quality picture. I was going to get myself a new digital cam anyway. :)

Is there anything inparticular you are looking for?

Tom
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Tom »

I just wanted to see if there was any damage to the board or to any of the components.

noodleNT
LCD!

Post by noodleNT »

I cant see anything or smell anything that would suggest dammaged curcuits. I think the firmware might of corrupted if it is possible. It installs fine and XP sees it in the device manager but the other programs don't recive the ID when they try to connect to it. Is there anyway I can TS into the device to test it some more?

Tom
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Tom »

Do you have display tuner? It comes with the CD thats packaged with the display. You can also test it with LCD tester. The link for downloading it is below.

http://www.matrixorbital.com/pages/downloads.asp

noodleNT
LCD!

Post by noodleNT »

I am heading out of town for the weekend. I will try LCD tuner when I get back.

Tom
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Tom »

Let me know how things work out with the testing. Have a good weekend! :)

noodleNT
LCD!

Post by noodleNT »

Finaly got a chance to look at it. I tried all the programs from the CD, none did anything with the device. I have emailed you pictures of the display.

Mat-Moo
LCD Guru

Post by Mat-Moo »

Have you tried resetting it?
## # Mat # ##
LCDC - Drive it to the edge baby!
http://www.lcdc.cc
Matthew@DPS.uk.com
DPS Ltd. (Not MO!)