Questions for Henry?

Take a load off and chat!

Moderators: Henry, Mods

S1DIMMER
LCD?

Questions for Henry?

Post by S1DIMMER »

Henry,

I saw you posting over on the AVS forums. They were having a power buy and I've been interested in purchasing one of your VFD displays. I was wondering if the power buy is still on because the link over on the AVS forum is not working?

Second question is will there be a VFD USB model coming in the next two weeks or so? I'll be purchasing the VFD as a present from my wife to me for christmas. She's not up on the technical toys I like so I get to pick out the stuff. Anyway I'd really be interested in a USB model but serial is cool too.

Thanks.

Also had another question about ordering the basic VK202-25-V, does that item come with a power cable or do all cables have to be purchased separately?

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Re: Questions for Henry?

Post by Henry »

S1DIMMER wrote:Henry,

I saw you posting over on the AVS forums. They were having a power buy and I've been interested in purchasing one of your VFD displays. I was wondering if the power buy is still on because the link over on the AVS forum is not working?

Second question is will there be a VFD USB model coming in the next two weeks or so? I'll be purchasing the VFD as a present from my wife to me for christmas. She's not up on the technical toys I like so I get to pick out the stuff. Anyway I'd really be interested in a USB model but serial is cool too.

Thanks.

Also had another question about ordering the basic VK202-25-V, does that item come with a power cable or do all cables have to be purchased separately?
The powerbuy ended last week friday (though I left it open till monday night)... there was an anoucement in one of the threads.

No, we will not be having USB VFDs for several months, because it will require to totaly new PCB do to the high current draw of the VFD... All I can recomend is getting the whole kit, so there is not chance of making a mistake (well, alot less :) ) The VK202-25 is just a VFD, nothing else... you will need(/want) a 12V power cable and a serial cable. Or you can get a BVK202A-4BR for the best solution (and maybe a filter too)
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital