I have blown out my LCD, because I am a goof.

Take a load off and chat!

Moderators: Henry, Mods

mcapehart
LCD?

Post by mcapehart »

Just wanted to share a story. Tonight I was putting my system into the new full tower case, and had great little LCD area all ready for my trusty Matrix-Orbital. Lo and behold, in the midst of my stupidness, I misplaced the stepdown power lead, and picked up a standard floppy adapter cable. You can imagine the hilarity that followed as the chips burst into flames.

I wanted an excuse to purchase a new blue LCD, now I have one.

And I am ordering extra power cables.

Cheese
Bit-Tech.net
Bit-Tech.net

Post by Cheese »

Easily done...

It's mo fault for using standard floppy connectors with different wirings :sad: If it was a different plug no one would get it wrong, though I know the reason for mo's choice.

r.

gordy_hand
LCD Guru

Post by gordy_hand »

I did the same thing the other day when changin cases. There was smoke coming out of the blow holes .

I just melted the serial cable , the lcd is fine thank christ. I really don't understand why normal floppy cable couldnt be used with a few wiring changes on the serial backpack ?
Gordy_Hand

zedgama3
LCD?

Post by zedgama3 »

I think the display's are designed for more comercial aplications. The power connector also contains the I2C connection which can be used in place of the serial connection. Also I2C allows for multiple LCD's. At least according to the manual

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

Yup...
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

Shawn Tartaglia
LCD?

PWR connector on displays

Post by Shawn Tartaglia »

I would love to see a right angle connector for the power and rs232. Or even a molex locking connector.

If you are trying to fit the MO info a small case the connectors are not good for saving space. IMHO

In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity. - AE

Pheonix
LCD Guru

Re: PWR connector on displays

Post by Pheonix »

Shawn Tartaglia wrote:I would love to see a right angle connector for the power and rs232. Or even a molex locking connector.

If you are trying to fit the MO info a small case the connectors are not good for saving space. IMHO
USB?