Need Screen for Automotive application

Take a load off and chat!

Moderators: Henry, Mods

powertach
LCD?

Need Screen for Automotive application

Post by powertach »

I'm new to this and apparently quite uninformed. I need a screen that can mount in an automobile(similar to a GPS). We were hoping that the screen would show a digital rendering of a typical gauge(with a moving needle and all) while also having a numerical readout of the information we are trying to display. I was overwhelmed with the options and I need some guidance(any help will be appreciated). I am also hoping to stay around the $100 range.

Thanks

Ray
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Ray »

Since you want to draw a gauge I'd recommend our graphical GLK Line.

While the displays do not have a build in gauge it does have all line drawing functionality in it to so draw one on your own by sending for instance line drawing commands to the display.

Given the price range you want to be in you have the choice of either our GLK12232 line of products or the GLK19264 line which comes with status leds and build in keypad. The GLK12232 comes with serial or i2c interface while the GLK19264 also has the option for an USB interface.

I can't really recommend a specfic model since its largely dependent on your interface wishes , need for keypad, color preference and physical dimensions.

powertach
LCD?

Post by powertach »

Thanks for the help. Are there instructions and information about how to format and interface with the screen, and if so how difficult is it to do that.

Ray
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Ray »

We like to think our displays are really easy to work with and our customers seem to agree with that :)

The manuals for all displays are available on our support website here.

If you have any other questions please let me know.

powertach
LCD?

Post by powertach »

Are there pre-made casings or mounts for the displays?

Ray
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Ray »

Depending on the display you want we have several mounting options available here.