some tri-color typhoon questions

Take a load off and chat!

Moderators: Henry, Mods

gdn
LCD?

some tri-color typhoon questions

Post by gdn »

ok, I'm about to show off how much I don't understand these LCD displays with some really dumb questions..

Ok, with the tri-color typhoon, the LED background colors all work at the same level, at the same time? To become one single homogeneous color?

Now assuming my questions about the homogeneous background color is correct... I'm wondering .. can / could a video signal be sent to display? so the background is essentially a video display.. with the black pixel graphic overlay? USB class 0Eh ?

There is one USB interface.. and communications to the display and IR port all goes over the same connection? The linux driver sends the signal to both lirc and lcdproc?

thanks..

Ray
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Re: some tri-color typhoon questions

Post by Ray »

gdn wrote:ok, I'm about to show off how much I don't understand these LCD displays with some really dumb questions..

Ok, with the tri-color typhoon, the LED background colors all work at the same level, at the same time? To become one single homogeneous color?
Yes, the tricolor backlight forms single backlight color for the whole display.
Now assuming my questions about the homogeneous background color is correct... I'm wondering .. can / could a video signal be sent to display? so the background is essentially a video display.. with the black pixel graphic overlay? USB class 0Eh ?
I have seriously no idea what you mean , I can tell you the GX is not a full color display so sending video to it is never gonna happen, USB Class 0Eh has probably nothing to do with what you are trying to do, Its the device class for streaming video to the pc from camera's and webcams etc so thats not helping the clarity of your questions too much :)
There is one USB interface.. and communications to the display and IR port all goes over the same connection? The linux driver sends the signal to both lirc and lcdproc?
It enumerates as a composite device with the LCD and the IR stuff each on their own interface and endpoints so two both lirc and lcdproc can work with the GX at the same time if they where programmed to do so, however at this point in time I'm not aware of either of the two supporting the GX.
Last edited by Ray on Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

gdn
LCD?

Post by gdn »

I'm looking at this as an alternative choice for GX Typhoon

http://www.lilliputweb.net/ts619.html

different class of product.. but its what I'm considering.

gdn
LCD?

Post by gdn »

or something smaller like this.. only one display in a 5 1/4" bay.
http://www.lcdracks.com/racks/v-r18p.html

vga video can't be displayed over the usb, correct? its not designed to be this.. only a monochrome color in the background...

Ray
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Ray »

I have seen several solutions that offer VGA over USB, our GX is however not one of them.