Flow Control Mode - HELP!

Take a load off and chat!

Moderators: Henry, Mods

Curtiss
LCD?

Flow Control Mode - HELP!

Post by Curtiss »

Does anyone have a more informative description of actually how to use flow control mode? I am using a GLK12232-25 and have a lot of fields on the screen that need to be updated.

The datasheet seems to hint that drawing white rectangles to block out the old characters uses a lot of overheads? But doesn't suggest a suitable work-around?

Thanks,
Curtis

Raquel
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Raquel »

Hello Curtiss,

Thank you for your post.

Flow control is implemented when command 254 / 58 / Almost Full value / Almost Empty value / is sent to the GLK12232-25-SM. You can find more details about this on page 16 of the manual

The implementation of rectangles in the GLK12232-25-SM PCB 1.4 does take a lot of overhead because it draws the rectangle pixel by pixel. Unfortunately, there isn't really a work around this; it is suggested that flow control is used to be able to find out if the module is busy processing so as not to overrun the buffer with commands / data.

If I can get your email address, I would like to tell you more about a new GLK12232-25-SM PCB 2.0 that we are currently working on. We strongly recommend that new designs be based on this new PCB.

Best Regards,
Raquel Malinis
Design and Development
Matrix Orbital