shuttle and mce

Take a load off and chat!

Moderators: Henry, Mods

daxiang28
LCD?

shuttle and mce

Post by daxiang28 »

Hi There,

I came across this image on the net and was looking to do something like this for my shuttle (SK43G) and noticed that it was a Matrix Orbital display. I have MCE running and would like to display MCE info and ITunes info on the display while doing a stealth mod on my shuttle box. Does anybody have any suggestions to what display to pickup? I have an extra USB header on my MOBO. I would ideally like to go that route to keep the mod clean. I noticed that there are a bunch of drivers out there for MCE. If anybody can direct me to a tutorial or something, I would really appreciate that. Here are the pictures that I found.

Thanks,
Steve

Nick
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Nick »

Hi Dax,

That particular display would be the LK202-24-USB-WB. Our new USB units come with the capability to connect up to a 6 by 4 matrix style keypad. The 20 characters by 2 lines display have many features available. The LK202-24 is a robust and versatile product that is easily connected with one cable for power and communication. You can view more information on this particular display here:
http://www.matrixorbital.com/product_in ... acter-lcds

All measurments for the display can be found in our manuals at our support website.
www.matrixorbital.ca

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Nick Hesson
Sales Rep.
Matrix Orbital

daxiang28
LCD?

Post by daxiang28 »

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the reply. It looks a little bluer than the one in the mod. Is the backlight on these something that's dimmable? My concern is that it's used as a media pc and that the bright lcd would be distracting in a dark room.

Thanks,
Steve

aferokamosalic
LCD?

Post by aferokamosalic »

i don't like it.
me

Jon
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Jon »

The inverse red display is easier to read in the dark, which is why it is often used in military applications. Also there are 254 levels of brightness on all of our LCD displays so this can be altered to a more pleasing value for you. The part number of the inversrse red display is LK202-24-USB-R.
Attachments
LK202-24-USB-IR-150.jpg
LK202-24-USB-IR-150.jpg (60.32 KiB) Viewed 11061 times

daxiang28
LCD?

Post by daxiang28 »

that works, thanks for you help jon.

steve

daxiang28
LCD?

Post by daxiang28 »

jon,

i noticed that the back of the board is different on the links that you sent:

from the one in the post:

i noticed that there is a place to put the usb plug, but not on the back of the LK202-25 20. I'm planning on running mine to an internal usb header on the mobo. Any comments on that?

thanks,
steve

Jon
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Jon »

Thank you for your post. The back of the LK202-24-USB-R would be the same as the USB one that you have in your picture there. The wrong picture has been posted on our website. We have just recently added the back pictures to our website and are still ironing out some kinks. Thanks for noticing.

--
Jon