Help with Accessories please

Take a load off and chat!

Moderators: Henry, Mods

Uncivil
LCD?

Help with Accessories please

Post by Uncivil »

Hello there a bit of advice here being a newbie with LCD. I am looking at the MX-222 to put in my new Lexan Case. My question is does this unit come with everything I need to operate it?? Do I need to purchase any of the additional accessories? I will be replacing a my Digital Doc (which I was quit dissapointed with) with this new LCD. I have a fan controller on the way (Ventech Nexus 3.5) so I am not really looking for a fan controller. But I would be interested in making the most of my unit. What additional cabling and such will I need?

dtorner
LCD Geek

Post by dtorner »

MX units comes with all necessary parts to get them working on your PC , you only need a Phillips Screwdriver to mount your unit, accessories can extend the way your display works, If you want to monitorize temperatures in your PC , you can buy temperature probes, or an indicator, to use the outputs and get a light flashing when you receive an email... Think also about an internal USB cable to attach your display directly to your MOBO ( a "normal" USB cable comes with MX2 kits, internal is only to can connect your display in a different way, but is not a must ).

Hope this helps.

Uncivil
LCD?

Post by Uncivil »

Yes I would like to monitor the temps so I will get a couple temp probes. Or will the ones from my digital doc work?? Definately the internal USB cable. Now here is my question will I be able to run cold cathode lights or like a lazer led light off of this unit?? What types of headers come out the back of the unit?? 3 pin?? That is my major gripe about the Digital Doc is the fact that its all 3 pin headers and all my fans use the 4 pin stuff. Finding a adapter locally has been impossible. I need to make sure when I order this thing I will have what I need to run it. I guess I should look and make sure I have another floppy power wire available to power the unit.

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

accessories

Post by Henry »

ok, lets rip appart your message
Yes I would like to monitor the temps so I will get a couple temp probes. Or will the ones from my digital doc work
The temp probes we use are might higher in accuracy. This three pin probe measures temperature from -55C to +125C and measures +/- 0.5C from -10C to +85C and you can connector up to 32 of them to one display (creativity will be required after 4)
will I be able to run cold cathode lights or like a lazer led light off of this unit
Yes, the new units have the ability to even dim the ccfl down and up. An update to LCDC is being done to allow this feature and only MX2 displays purchased from us can guarentee that the unit will have it.
What types of headers come out the back of the unit?? 3 pin?? That is my major gripe about the Digital Doc is the fact that its all 3 pin headers and all my fans use the 4 pin stuff
Yes, the MX2 has 3x 3 pin headers. We sell the cable which allows you to conver 4 pin fans to 3 pin AND still have RPM

http://matrixorbital.com/pages/accessor ... ?CurPage=6
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

dtorner
LCD Geek

Post by dtorner »

1.- Temp probes : No, I'm sure your actual baybus uses analog temp. probes, MX displays uses Digital DALLAS 1 wire temp. probes...

2.- Depends on electrical specifications, GPOs has a intensity limit, look for
manual on MO page and see If your cathodes fits in the GPO range.

3.- Headers : MX series uses 3 Pins headers, but MO sells a 4 to 3 Pins converter, http://www.matrixorbital.com/pages/acce ... ?CurPage=6

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

dtorner wrote:1.- Temp probes : No, I'm sure your actual baybus uses analog temp. probes, MX displays uses Digital DALLAS 1 wire temp. probes...

2.- Depends on electrical specifications, GPOs has a intensity limit, look for
manual on MO page and see If your cathodes fits in the GPO range.

3.- Headers : MX series uses 3 Pins headers, but MO sells a 4 to 3 Pins converter, http://www.matrixorbital.com/pages/acce ... ?CurPage=6
heh.. thanks :)
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

Uncivil
LCD?

Post by Uncivil »

I appreciate the help....Now I can get my display ordered..