NE body have info about the mx4

Take a load off and chat!

Moderators: Henry, Mods

scottkuo
LCD?

NE body have info about the mx4

Post by scottkuo »

I noticed that there will be a mx4 coming out soon. I just wanted to know if anybody knows any set info on it yet. Is the mx4 going to take up 2 5.25 drive bay? and is there any other special extras like more GPO or temp probes. Thanks!

Adam
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Adam »

Hi Scott,

The MX4 will take up two 5.25 drive bays. It will have 4 fan headers as well as 6 temperature headers (don't hold me to that one, you never know when the engineers are going to change there minds which is as often as I ..........never mind). The unit will have a 14 button keypad with one of them possibly being a "special" button. Of course I just might be trying to develop interest in the new product being a sales person and all. We will hopefully have the options of black and silver aluminum (once again "real" aluminum <:) ) overlays as well. These would not have they keypad option though. You will also be able to plug an indicator into it and of course the best software, LCDC, will come bundled with the unit. :D
Adam L.
Sales Manager
Matrix Orbital

A nod is as good as a wink to a blind bat.

scottkuo
LCD?

Post by scottkuo »

Adam wrote:Hi Scott,

The MX4 will take up two 5.25 drive bays. It will have 4 fan headers as well as 6 temperature headers (don't hold me to that one, you never know when the engineers are going to change there minds which is as often as I ..........never mind). The unit will have a 14 button keypad with one of them possibly being a "special" button. Of course I just might be trying to develop interest in the new product being a sales person and all. We will hopefully have the options of black and silver aluminum (once again "real" aluminum <:) ) overlays as well. These would not have they keypad option though. You will also be able to plug an indicator into it and of course the best software, LCDC, will come bundled with the unit. :D
That sounds nice but damn, i only have one slot free. One can dream that a 4 line can fit a 5.25 or two floppy bays. But for now mx2 series it is.

icedCPU
LCD?

Post by icedCPU »

well bro you can always mod your case and place the LCD screen elsewhere. As you can see in the gallery's its quite possible.

BTW when can we expect to buy this new MX4. I am waiting for it!!!

Miles
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Miles »

icedCPU wrote:BTW when can we expect to buy this new MX4. I am waiting for it!!!
A couple of weeks at the very earliest...!! :D
Miles Y.
Head of Technical Support
Product Manager
Matrix Orbital

LemingSouP
LCD?

Post by LemingSouP »

scottkuo wrote: That sounds nice but damn, i only have one slot free. One can dream that a 4 line can fit a 5.25 or two floppy bays. But for now mx2 series it is.
I'm planning on putting a 4 line display in my case to take up 1 5.25" bay and then I'm going to dremel down into one of my (2) 3.5" bays to make it fit. Other than switches I've never found any use for a second 3.5" bay since floppy drives are so ancient.

Miles
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Miles »

You'll have to post some pics in the gallery when your done!! :D
Miles Y.
Head of Technical Support
Product Manager
Matrix Orbital

Jaime
LCD?

Post by Jaime »