GTT70A-TRP-BLM-B0-H1-CS-V5-ND hard to get to communicate

GTT TFT Support

Moderator: Mods

portwellsg
LCD!

GTT70A-TRP-BLM-B0-H1-CS-V5-ND hard to get to communicate

Post by portwellsg »

Hi ,

We are new to GTT70A ( juz brought 2 pcs for evaluation), pls advice us as we have difficulty in getting connect with GTT70A with PC RS232 com port. ( not very stable)
We did not brought the accessory Rs232 and power cable, thus we are making our own cable.
Can u pls advice whether pins signal connection are correct?
The attachment GTT communication.png is no longer available
- We had to make several attempt before we can get connected with GTT support tool(2.2.0.0).
- When there is no response , 2nd attend of "test connection" will get “hang” as below pic.
GTT communication.png
GTT communication.png (19.39 KiB) Viewed 13685 times
Thanks.
KH

Raquel
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Re: GTT70A-TRP-BLM-B0-H1-CS-V5-ND hard to get to communicate

Post by Raquel »

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Matrix Orbital.

Your connections to the GTT70A data/power look correct. Try to do a continuity test to make sure the connections are made.
Does the GTT70A power up with a GTT startup screen? Can I please get the PCB version of your GTT70A?

Also, please make sure when using the GTT Support Tool (click on "Test Connection") that the correct ComPort is chosen.
The default baud is 115200.

The ESCCPC5V should be able to help out with a quick solution.

Thank you,
Raquel
Raquel Malinis
Design and Development
Matrix Orbital

Daniel Divino
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Daniel Divino »

Hi Portwellsg,

I believe you had contacted me last week regarding the same issue.

In your message you sent a screenshot of your GTT Support tool settings, and it appeared that Flow Control was enabled on your GTT Support Tool.

Please note that the GTT comes with Flow Control disabled by default. I suggest you disable Flow Control on your GTT Support Tool as well to ensure that the PC and display can communicate properly.

Cheers,
Daniel Divino
Daniel Divino
Technical Support
Matrix Orbital

portwellsg
LCD!

Post by portwellsg »

Hi Daniel,

My hardware rev is R3.0.2
The cable i had done with pin to pin test and also my com port test using a Burnintest utility.
Uncheck the flow control will result unable to detect the device.
With flow control, i still sometime manage to connect.( like i mention not very stable)
Pls advice that u think can helps.
Meanwhile i will redo another com cable and setup another PC to test.

Thanks.
KH

portwellsg
LCD!

Post by portwellsg »

Hi,

I still have issues using GTT suport tool(v2.2.0.0)to communicate with my PC com after testing with another cable and PC.
Using GTT designer ( v1.12.0.10123), it could not detect the GTT70A at all.
I had given up and wait for the ESCCPC5V to arrive.
Pls bear with me for some of the questions,

1) How to my find and know my current firmware and bootloader file version? ( saw some user upgrade the firmware and bootloader in the forum.)

2) Do i need to insert the original SD card in order to get the GTT device to communinicate with the PC com port.

Daniel Divino
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Daniel Divino »

Hi KH,

I apologize for the delay.

Could you take a look at your port settings in Device Manager? Please ensure that your com port's baud rate (default 9600) matches the GTT Support Tool's baud rate (default 115200), and the GTT's baud rate. Also, make sure that Flow control is set to none.

Once you have matched the baud rates, try opening the GTT Support tool, disabling flow control, and opening the port. Once opened, try sending a command to the display, such as the clear screen command. This will help determine if you can send data through the port.

Also, please note that the GTT designer will not be able to detect your GTT unless you connect using the Mass Storage header. The Mass Storage header is the only header that connects directly to the GTT's SD card, and this connection is required if you want to deploy your project files onto the display.

Could you please try connecting to your GTT's mass storage header and applying power to the display? The Mass storage header cannot source enough current to power the display, so you may need to apply power through the populated barrel jack, or the 6 pin communication header. Then see if the display appears in the GTT Designer.

Regarding your questions:

1) You can send the Get Protocol Revision command to the display to determine what firmware is loaded on the display.

2) We can only guarantee compatibility with SD type Cards (128MB to 2GB), but customers have been able to use SDHC(4GB to 32GB) and SDXC (64GB to 2TB) cards on the GTT in the past. You won't require an SD card to communicate with the PC's com port, but an SD card is needed if you want to deploy your project.

Cheers,
Daniel
Daniel Divino
Technical Support
Matrix Orbital

portwellsg
LCD!

Post by portwellsg »

Hi Daniel,

I had stopped testing the GTT70A for a while as waiting for the the ESCCPC5V to arrive.
It finally arrived but to my dismay, the result is still the same.
I had difficulty getting connected to the GTT70A with support tool, normally need several attempt of power on/off the GTT70A or the PC before i can finally get connected to the GTT support tool.

- My device manager is COM port 2 setting 9600( default). GTT Support Tool's baud rate (default 115200).
- When Flow control is set to none, It is always no device detected.
The attachment uncheck flow control.jpg is no longer available
- Only when set Flow control, there is chance to get connected to GTT support tool.
The attachment Gtt detected.jpg is no longer available
- If failed to connect with set Flow control, the symptom is "hang" as mention in first post.

Pls advice is there any wrong on my GTT70A device or any steps i should follow?

Next is GTT designer. After plugin in USB cable to the mass storage header, i found there is a unknown IO device.
Can i know where to download the driver?
Gtt detected.jpg
Gtt detected.jpg (89.22 KiB) Viewed 13568 times
The attachment GTT bulk-IO device.jpg is no longer available
Thanks.

( i had checked the ESCCPC5V cable pin assigment is the same as my own-made cable.)

Daniel Divino
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Daniel Divino »

Hi KH,

Please try connecting power and USB mass storage to the display. Then try connecting to the GTT Support Tool/GTTProject. Make sure to specify a baud rate of 115200, and enable flow control.

You can find the USB Drivers on our website here: https://matrixorbital.ca/drivers/usb-drivers

Cheers,
Daniel
Daniel Divino
Technical Support
Matrix Orbital

portwellsg
LCD!

Post by portwellsg »

Hi Daniel,

I did try yr suggestion to input both 5V DC to the jack near the mass storage and ESCCPC5V cable but still the same issue.

Regarding trying to detect GTT70A with the GTT designer, unknown IO device appear when plug in to the mass storage header, i could not get the driver install correctly.
I had downloaded the 2.12.28.1 version but it seem not the correct driver. pls refer to the pic.
The attachment usb driver .jpg is no longer available
The attachment unable to install.jpg is no longer available
If i tried to let the windows to search automatically for updated driver software, it will install the GTT bulk-IO device to BIDI!
The attachment BIDI.jpg is no longer available
Is this the correct driver?
usb driver .jpg
usb driver .jpg (193.12 KiB) Viewed 13553 times
My OS is Win7 Pro 64bit.
Pls advice again.

Daniel Divino
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Daniel Divino »

Hi KH,

The USB driver that you downloaded is correct.

It looks like 3 of your images did not display properly. Could you try posting your USB driver images again? I would like to know which errors you are getting when trying to install the USB drivers.

Cheers,
Daniel Divino
Daniel Divino
Technical Support
Matrix Orbital

portwellsg
LCD!

Post by portwellsg »

Hi Daniel,

Attached is unable to detect pic using the driver download.
The attachment unable to install.jpg is no longer available
If I allow windows to search automatically, it will detect as BIDI which is a HP printer.
unable to install.jpg
unable to install.jpg (74.47 KiB) Viewed 13510 times

portwellsg
LCD!

Post by portwellsg »

Sorry, somehow my attached pics always cannot post correctly.
Attachments
BIDI.jpg
BIDI.jpg (8.28 KiB) Viewed 13509 times

portwellsg
LCD!

Post by portwellsg »

Hi Daniel,

I think i had some answer for the GTT Bulk-IO driver. This GTT Bulk-IO cannot be resolve from the USB driver from yr website. The USB driver2.12.28.1 version should be the driver for the GTT USB model. I still cannot resolve the GTT Bulk IO using Win 7 Pro 64bit OS.
But when i switch to Win 10 64bit OS, the GTT bulk IO is automatically installed. The GTT designer will automatically detect my display once i run it.
It seem the GTT Bulk-IO cannot detect properly on Win 7 OS. I had tried with different PC using Win 7 OS but same result. Note, this is juz my findings.

Thanks

Daniel Divino
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Daniel Divino »

Hi KH,

After testing the issue here on a few different PC's, I was able to replicate your issue on an older build of Windows 7. It appears that you are correct. In my case, the WinUSB driver was not automatically installed for the GTT Bulk-IO device.I had to use a third party program to install the WinUSB drivers required on Windows 7.

You can download the 3rd party program here: https://zadig.akeo.ie/
Make sure you install the WinUSB driver for the GTT Bulk-IO device.

The WinUSB drivers installed by the third party program resolved any driver issues listed in device manager. That said, I'm still having difficulties detecting the GTT in the GTT Designer.

I'll consult our software team and determine what might be preventing the display from being detected. For now, please stick to Windows 10 as it sounds like you'e able to communicate properly.

Cheers,
Daniel
Daniel Divino
Technical Support
Matrix Orbital

portwellsg
LCD!

Post by portwellsg »

Hi Daniel,

I got the Gtt70A USB model, I do not have issue connecting to GTT support or designer tool in Win10 OS, unlike the Rs232 model.
My GTT70A RS232 model still have issue connecting to GTT support in Win10 OS. Anyway, i stick to USB model in Win10 for now.

Thanks
Best Regards,
KH