what is the command for sending text

GTT TFT Support

Moderator: Mods

chenjie
LCD?

Re: what is the command for sending text

Post by chenjie »

Problem solved, Thanks, I figured out it is just connection problem!

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

No worries Chinjie,

You are correct, if you must, you should be able to circumvent hardware flow control by shorting RTS and CTS; I recommend a jumper but solder works too.

If you are having trouble, first, put a scope on the transmit line of your display to see if information is being sent to your control device but may not be received correctly. Next, ensure the CTS line is asserted, positive voltage for RS232, allowing information to be sent to your controller.

In a PC environment I found no need for delays, but as you monitor the lines in your design you may find a delay will aid communication.

Thanks,
~Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Great to hear the problem is solved Chinjie, if you have any further trouble let us know.

Thanks,
~Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital

chenjie
LCD?

Post by chenjie »

Hi, I am having problem again.
Right now I have no problem for controlling GTT with commands I give. But the update speed of GTT is slow and if I use the touch functionality sometimes GTT will crash and stop working (especially when I keep touching it quickly). I already decreased the baudrate and main clock of my DSP controller, or added some delays between sending commands, but it did not help much. I am wondering if there is any way to send commands properly so GTT will not crash or stop. Thank you very much!

regards,
Chenjie