GTT Firmware Release R1.0.2.3066

Post by Clark »

New GTT480272A firmware has been released:

Changelog from R1.0.1.3015
* Huge performance increase
* Fixed bug with loading any type of file
* Customer data now saves to a file making it persistent across reboots
* Added support for multiple font windows
* Added support for uploading, downloading, deleting, moving, renaming and creating directories over the serial port

Download it here: http://www.matrixorbital.ca/software/GTT/Firmware/

As always, feedback is appreciated; we love to hear how our displays are doing in real environments.

~Troy
Last edited by Clark on Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital

mpetty
LCD Geek

Post by mpetty »

Link on the page you posted in broken.

Took a little figuring out, but it should point here instead:

http://www.matrixorbital.ca/software/GT ... 0.2985.zip

Is the directory support documented in the manual? Where do I learn about that part?

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Hi Mike,

We've actually upgraded the firmware to revision 1.0.2.3066, the older version should not be required. I linked to the general firmware page, the direct link for 1.0.2 is here:

http://www.matrixorbital.ca/software/GT ... 2.3066.zip

All features, new and old, should be documented in the protocol manual; that's one I don't write so I will check in with the author for you to make sure we have an up to date file posted in the manual section below.

http://www.matrixorbital.ca/manuals/GTT_series/

Thanks,
~Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital

mpetty
LCD Geek

Post by mpetty »

Troy,

Thanks for the updated link.

Flashing the updates now, and I'll have some impressions later today. The manual is still at Revision 1.0 on the site, so if any extra features have been updated/changed then the manual hasn't been updated.

One of these days, could upgrading not overwrite my custom splash screen? :lol:

I imagine that I could take the SPLASH.bin out of the upgrade directory, but I was worried about bricking the device or something. Messing with the firmware upgrade process is not something to do lightly!

mpetty
LCD Geek

Post by mpetty »

Well, I flash version 3066 and have been playing with it for about 45 minutes now.

Definitely has a bit of an upgrade. It's speed was fast enough to try and add some more of our feature set.

I'm doing:

DrawMultipleBarGraphs()
ChangeDrawingColor(Color.FromArgb(50,50,50))
DrawFilledRectangle(new Point(0,0),480,20)
SetTextWindow(new Point(0,0),480,20)
SetTextInsertionPoint(new Point(3,3))
SetTextColor(Color.White)
WriteText("IRIG TIME: ")
SetTextColor(Color.Red)
WriteText(DateTime.UTCNow.ToLongTimeString())
ManualUpdate()

and I get about 3.2Hz update rate....makes for pretty choppy bar graphs with time.

I tried having two threads, where one updates the time every 1 second, and the other does the bar graph much faster, but I end up falling behind on the bar graphs because the update of the time takes long enough that some of the updates get buffered, and then that buffer just grows and grows every time we update time. I tried a hybrid approach, where I slowed down the bar graph updates when updating time so that we don't end up being behind, but that played weird tricks on the eyes because every second that graphs would seem to slow down, and then speed back up again. It just *looked* like something was wrong.

Any word on reducing the latency between commands in a firmware update?

Edit:

To add on, and playing with this some more, is it possible to get an option where the width and height of a touch region are automatically set to the width and height of the bitmap? I'm slightly changing the size of my images and moving them around, and getting everything to fit right and I have to pull up an image editor to get the width and height every time. It just seems odd that I'm essentially displaying a button for pressing that has a defined height and width, and then I have to go in and tell it the height and width that I want...