Windows 8 64-bit?

GX and Typhoon hardware, this includes, displays, cables and accessory cards.

Moderator: Mods

poslundc
LCD?

Windows 8 64-bit?

Post by poslundc »

So... does anyone know if the GX Typhoon works with Windows 8 64-bit?

Thanks,

Dan.

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Re: Windows 8 64-bit?

Post by Clark »

Hi Dan,

Yes, I have confirmed the GX does work in Windows 8...but it wasn't fun.

You will need to install Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5/2.0, and you will need to run LCDStudio as an administrator to have access to system information. I was unable to get Windows Media Center or Media Player working in LCDStudio, but iTunes information appears correctly and I must admit I had trouble getting much of anything working on Windows 8.

The latest GX software pack is available here and includes all the files you'll need to get up and running.

Thanks,
Troy
Attachments
GX in Windows 8
GX in Windows 8
photo.JPG (90.97 KiB) Viewed 14381 times
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital

Synomenon
LCD?

Post by Synomenon »

Does Matrix Orbital plan on releasing updated / fully compatible Windows 8 64-bit drivers?

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Hi Synomenon,

The GX drivers currently available on our site will work for Windows 8, including 64-bit mode.

The majority of the trouble with the install lies with Windows itself; the .Net Framework previously shipped with Windows, the administrator access is also a Windows feature, and Media Player is a Windows program. No plans for additional GX drivers/software for Windows 8 are in the works at this time.

Thanks,
Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital

darkvader71
LCD Geek

Post by darkvader71 »

Hello there has been an ongoing issue with X64 bit lockup but you claim that it works ok in windows 8/8.1.that is not the case!
I have 4 units 3 on windows 7 1on windows 8.1 and experience lockups detailed in this forum but youDO NOT PLAN TO UPDATE DRIVERS!
Oh great £400 pounds wasted. thanks for customer support

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Hi Darkvader,

This thread deals with getting the GX up and running in Windows 8, which is definitely possible. No driver changes required there.

The unit locking up or freezing during use is a different issue, which was previously discussed here. At this time I have no further update regarding that problem; it is difficult to repeat consistently and when we do, our code debugger remains running as normal.

This is not a simple problem, but when a fix becomes available, it will be posted. Until then, I understand your frustration and appreciate your patience while we work on it.

Thanks,
Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital