Typhoon Problem

GX and Typhoon hardware, this includes, displays, cables and accessory cards.

Moderator: Mods

KazMax
LCD?

Typhoon Problem

Post by KazMax »

I bought a Typhoon and it arrived today. Have installed it into the PC, and then installed Vista Ultimate onto bare metal.

I can see the Typhoon in the device window, and the Typhoon has a pink display with the letters GX displayed, so it is basically working. But try as I might it will not allow a driver to be associated with the device.

I downloaded the drivers from the Matrix web site. They install okay, but do not associate with the Typhoon.

So I'm stuck up a gum tree without a paddle. Anyone got any suggestions?

Andrew

Ray
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Ray »

Does the device show up in the device manager?

KazMax
LCD?

Post by KazMax »

Ray wrote:Does the device show up in the device manager?
Yes it does. I have attached a screenshot of the Device Manager showing the situation.

Andrew
Attachments
Device Manager
Device Manager
DeviceManager.gif (30.63 KiB) Viewed 5798 times

KazMax
LCD?

Post by KazMax »

KazMax wrote:
Ray wrote:Does the device show up in the device manager?
Yes it does. I have attached a screenshot of the Device Manager showing the situation.

Andrew
Hmm, in taking that screenshot I noticed the Irda device which appears to be built in. That's news to me!

Anyway, I disabled it and was then able to (nearly) install the driver for the GX hardware. I say nearly because the damn thing won't replace a file on the hard disk. And being Vista the security says I need admin privileges - which my logon has got!

I hate Vista with a vengeance.

So the device still isn't working. Trying desperately hard to get this sorted now.

Andrew

Ray
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Ray »

You should be able to right click it, point it to the matrix orbital folder in program files and you should be all good to go?

KazMax
LCD?

Post by KazMax »

Ray wrote:You should be able to right click it, point it to the matrix orbital folder in program files and you should be all good to go?
As it is a brand new installation I reformatted the hard disk this evening and dropped Vista back onto it. Everything is working fine now. Leastways, everything I have tried thus far.

I hadn't realised that another Irda device could cause a problem of this nature. I bought the Antec case last year and never realised it had Irda built in! That was never advertised or referenced in the user guide that came with it.

Andrew

Ray
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Ray »

the IRda and lcd driver are seperate they shouldn't interfere with each other.