New GX - problems

GX and Typhoon hardware, this includes, displays, cables and accessory cards.

Moderator: Mods

mcsterls
LCD?

New GX - problems

Post by mcsterls »

I just installed the GX in my system tonight. It seemed to work fine at first, but now it just says "Display is Idle", the LCD Defaults Configuration Utility is empty and when I go into LCD Studio and try the Display Wizard no text appears.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
McSterls

mcsterls
LCD?

Post by mcsterls »

I discovered that unplugging the LCD's USB cord and plugging it back in makes it work again, at least in demo mode - now shows time and a CPU utilization graph - but LCD Studio's wizard doesn't recognize any device being installed.

The display also stays lit when the PC is off.

any ideas?

Ray
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Ray »

I have added you to the GX Beta group so you'll have access to soft and firmware that will solve these problems. Be sure to follow the upgrade guide when upgrading.

If it still doesn't behave when upgraded let me know and i'll take a closer look at it!

mcsterls
LCD?

Post by mcsterls »

Thanks, the BETA drivers seem to have fixed my problems!

mcsterls
LCD?

Post by mcsterls »

Well it seemed like everything was working fine last night. I designed the device shows up inside of the Matrix configuration tool. I designed a smiple layout using LCD Studio and it worked. Cool. This morning when I started up my PC I could only get the Matrix to display it's default graphs even though LCD Studio was running with an active playlist. I maximized LCD Studio and loaded my project it appeared for a moment on the Matrix then disapeared. I went into the LCD configuration wizard and no displays are listed there. the MAtrix is back to defualt info only and LCD Studio shows no devices attached, I have rebooted several times as well. Any ideas?

Thanks,
McSterls

Ray
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Ray »

Sounds like you somehow corrupted the settings.xml in your lcdstudio folder. Stop lcdstudio and toss it away it should create a fresh copy for you next time you start up.

mcsterls
LCD?

Post by mcsterls »

I deleted the settings.xml file and I now get a list of available LCD devices in LCD Studio, but the Matrix Orbital isn't on the list anymore. I've rebooted. I've uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled the drivers for the display, still does not appear on the list. The Matrix does appear though in the LCD Defaults Configuration utility.

Thanks for your help.
McSterls