Many questions - poor information on the website!

GX and Typhoon hardware, this includes, displays, cables and accessory cards.

Moderator: Mods

virtualrain
LCD?

Many questions - poor information on the website!

Post by virtualrain »

I'm pretty confused on the GX... on the website there's litte information and it says you are taking pre-orders. Yet here it seems like it's already shipping. Is the website out of date?

Also, where can I find specs on the screen resolution?

How about some pictures of the various models and different screen colors that are bigger than a postage stamp?

How thick is the unit? How thick is just the display portion?

Can the display be easily removed from the stock mounting plate to be used behind a custom panel cutout? If so, are the electronics integrated into the display or is a cable connecting the diplay to a circuit board required? Do you have any pics of the back side, etc?

It looks like a great product but it's impossible to tell with the info provided.

Thanks.

danxmanly
LCD?

Re: Many questions - poor information on the website!

Post by danxmanly »

Agreed.. website leaves a little to be desired in regards to info. It does look like it's really available if one were to read the forums, but still says pre-orders??? None of the distributor links for US have the GX listed.

I read on some of the threads where there's a version w/o the IR cutout coming out soon, and also received a response to one of my posts that a larger version was coming out. I actually want to mount mine in the front door of my computer tower in front of the 5.25" bays so as to be able to view my info when the door is closed. ( which it will be 99% of the time ) A complete drawing would be nice along with a manual to see what mods I'm going to have to perform.

Come on boys.. quit teasing us! ;-)

virtualrain
LCD?

Re: Many questions - poor information on the website!

Post by virtualrain »

danxmanly wrote:Agreed.. website leaves a little to be desired in regards to info. It does look like it's really available if one were to read the forums, but still says pre-orders??? None of the distributor links for US have the GX listed.

I read on some of the threads where there's a version w/o the IR cutout coming out soon, and also received a response to one of my posts that a larger version was coming out. I actually want to mount mine in the front door of my computer tower in front of the 5.25" bays so as to be able to view my info when the door is closed. ( which it will be 99% of the time ) A complete drawing would be nice along with a manual to see what mods I'm going to have to perform.

Come on boys.. quit teasing us! ;-)
Agree... I want to mount one on the top panel of my case... more info needed!!! :D

Dgephri
LCD Guru

Post by Dgephri »

Mine set to the Red color (0 Green or Blue on the Configuration app)
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v160/ ... 15d121.flv

That is about 60% contrast and full backlight, running LCDstudio Winamp Visualization.

It's installed in my SFF right now, but in a week or so I will be moving it to my new rig and I can take some shots of the bracket and assembly then.

IIRC the resolution is 240X64.

Config program (not LCDStudio)

Note: if the admins don't want the links, that is their choice, their forums.