MOU16x2 start screen

Support for MOC/MOS/MOI/MOU/X-Board/MOP

Moderator: Mods

wjam
LCD?

MOU16x2 start screen

Post by wjam »

Hi,

I have this weird problem. After power on the LCD displays my splash message but always overwrites half the first row with inverse letter P

It did the same with the Matrix Orbital splash.

The problem is I run a program to send data t the screen on startup and this problems hangs the program. If I relaunch it works fine.

Can I remove a splash screen phase completely? Or failing that how do I stop the P characters?

thanks in advance

WJAM

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Re: MOU16x2 start screen

Post by Clark »

Hi WJAM,

The inverse letter P that you're seeing is associated with the decimal value 255. I would recommend connecting the display to power only to see if the characters are part of the start screen, or if they are actually sent to the unit during your startup sequence.

You can make changes to the start screen, and even create a blank one using tools such as Boot Logo or Boot Edit which you can download for free from our support site.

Thanks,
Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital

wjam
LCD?

Post by wjam »

hi!!

Thanks for the response. The screen gives the same effect regardless if I start my script or not. It's on application of power, so part of the start screen.

Unfortunately I don't think I can use boot logo as I use only linux. but maybe I can try it in wine.

Any suggestions gratefully received

wjam

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

No worries wjam,

You can still change the startup screen without a fancy GUI, check out the Changing the Start Up Screen command in your manual. To clear the screen try sending a screen of 80 space characters (0x20/32d).

Thanks,
Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital