Where is MOI guide

Support for MOC/MOS/MOI/MOU/X-Board/MOP

Moderator: Mods

sthudium
LCD?

Where is MOI guide

Post by sthudium »

I bought a MOI-AL202C-FW. How do I get the manual/guide? I've read that the corresponding MOS guide is useful, but is there anything that describes how to use I2C?

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Hi Sthudium,

Thanks for your question, there is not much support for the XBoard series, and I know it can be tough to get started. Unfortunately, there is no manual for the MOI, the data found in the MOS guide will be very similar to what you can expect with your unit, except all interfacing will be done in I2C of course.

If you need I2C support, you may want to check out some of the examples we have posted on our site. The best place to find help, however, is most likely this forum. Browse around and you'll run into some ideas and examples posted by developers such as yourself, like this, or even this.

Anyway, I hope that gets you on the right track, if you have any further questions or concerns down the road, just post them up here, and I'll get to them as quick as I can.

Thanks,
Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital

sthudium
LCD?

MOI-AL202C-FW pinout

Post by sthudium »

OK, I understand that the MOS guide will help me with my MOI board, but what about I2C pinout? Where do I connect clock, data, gnd, and Vcc?

Thanks,
Steve

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Hi Steve,

Good to see you've had a look through the MOS guide, I understand it's definitely not ideal, but nearly all the information is the same. One exception being the pin out.

The pins to use will be the ones on that white 4 pin communication and power header. If you've got the MOS version of the AL202C manual, you'll see this connector in detail on page 5. Essentially, the pin out will be the same, except Rx will be SCL, or clock, and Tx will be SDA, or data. If you don't have the manual handy, that's going to be VCC, SCL, SDA, GND reading from the GPO side over to the edge of the board.

That should get you on the right track, I understand there is little support out there for those MOI units right now, so if you've got any more questions, please feel free to post them here.

Thanks,
Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital