GK24064-25-vtp-e WONT WORK RIGHT HELP!

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

I0I0I00I0I
LCD?

GK24064-25-vtp-e WONT WORK RIGHT HELP!

Post by I0I0I00I0I »

Ok i baught this awhile back just got around to using it bout a week ago now worked fin uploded text images and stuff was great. All of a suden it wont diplay any text. i retest the baud and now it's showing all the images i uploaded on one screen, and wont respond to anything... so i resett the baud with the jumper now same thing but this time it let me clear the screen... i drew a picture and it sent it but only displayed in the top left corner of the screen... i reste the baud again not sure what eles i could do tryed wipeing the module still nothing.... now it's back to displaying all the images crooked at once.... not sure what eles to do HELP!

I0I0I00I0I
LCD?

Post by I0I0I00I0I »

????anyone????

I0I0I00I0I
LCD?

Post by I0I0I00I0I »

is there a way to set it to factory defaults with out using a connection???? wont reset when i try to wipe module file system anyone??????? I am really gettin frustratedarte they normaly ths complicating?????sheesh

Mat-Moo
LCD Guru

Post by Mat-Moo »

You done the factory reset as per the manual? You DID look in the manual didn't you? http://www.matrixorbital.com/manuals/gl ... /index.htm

I0I0I00I0I
LCD?

Post by I0I0I00I0I »

yeah i read the manual it says jumper pins 5 and 6 on the keypad..... i did this several times and nothing. seems it doesnt even reset the baud..... says it only resets the baud in the manual nothning more.... is this true?

Mat-Moo
LCD Guru

Post by Mat-Moo »

Did you also power cycle it will jumpered?

I0I0I00I0I
LCD?

Post by I0I0I00I0I »

yes several times.... i unplug power set jumper plug in power wait several seconds... unset jumper (5-6) then replace power.... thats all there is to it right?

relix
Uber Slave
Uber Slave

Post by relix »

Try this:

- power display off
- put jumper on the reset-pins
- power display on
- set required baudrate in the software, using the default baudrate (so connecting with the default baudrate)
- power off the display

now it should use the baudrate you set while the reset-jumper was connected.
...whatever, as if I care...

I0I0I00I0I
LCD?

Post by I0I0I00I0I »

ok now it wont let me upload.... i did as you said now text works... but no uploading fonts... or pics....

I0I0I00I0I
LCD?

Post by I0I0I00I0I »

ok update when i try to send fonts says "error did not return correct character (send 13 received 8)"

I0I0I00I0I
LCD?

Post by I0I0I00I0I »

ok now it's doing the same thing as it did at first... has any one eles had these problems ???? i baught a matrix orbital for ease of use this seems not to be the case... what am i doing wrong???

Miles
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Miles »

Hello...

There is a possibility that the memory chip, for some strange reason, may of been corrupted or faulty during the download procedure. You can contact me at myero@matrixorbital.com directly and we can discuss your RMA options. Perhaps if you have any soldering capability we can send you a new memory chip and you can install it!
Miles Y.
Head of Technical Support
Product Manager
Matrix Orbital

I0I0I00I0I
LCD?

Post by I0I0I00I0I »

update:
Ok after alittle more playing around i found that i can do a direct write to the screen with MOGD and then i can get it to sespond but it then only outputes garbled jiberish until the screen is full.... then it lets me clear screen but nothing eles..... I think it's RMA time i got the sheet but what exactly do you need me to do....

-Shane

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

Contact Miles at myero@matrixorbital.com directly and he will discuss your RMA options.
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital