GLC24064 Spalsh Screen.

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

bcheese
LCD!

Post by bcheese »

Hi All,

I am currently looking at utilizing the GLC24064 Graphic LCD display for a project. There are a couple of pieces of information I have failed to see on the web site. :???:

1. Does the GLC24064 have a splash screen on it?

and
2. Can this be changed by the end user (myself).

Thanks for your time.
Brian.

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

The GLC24064 does not have the ability for a splash/startup screen currently. The only model being sold which does is the GLK12232-25-SM. We have noted it and will add it some time in the future.
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

Psychodaemon
LCD!

Post by Psychodaemon »

Will this be in a new hardware revision or is this software updateable?

/Daemon
On 2001-10-23 05:05, Henry wrote:
The GLC24064 does not have the ability for a splash/startup screen currently. The only model being sold which does is the GLK12232-25-SM. We have noted it and will add it some time in the future.

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

It will be a hardware update. We have updated the GLK24064-25 to support the startup/splash screen in all the units built as of this week.
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

Psychodaemon
LCD!

Post by Psychodaemon »

On 2001-11-01 10:43, Henry wrote:
It will be a hardware update. We have updated the GLK24064-25 to support the startup/splash screen in all the units built as of this week.
nice, i'm up with an order as soon as i can afford one hopefully in the end of the month, will look great on my modded
http://www.lostcircuits.com/motherboard/shuttle_sv24/

19cm wide, lcd 18cm wide, will cut an frosted plexi to cover the front on this computer and cut in an opening for a pioneer slot in dvd and of course the 240x64 lcd aswell as a couple of buttons to control winamp... will be darn awesome...
sure nice with a splash screen for a dedicated mp3 computer,, "mp3 system with an darn cool name loading.. please hold"...

btw. i urge you to send some lcds to the winamp team or something so they support it nativily or something :smile:, or well maybe the pluginguys already do a great job though but still would be really nice with full support for the grafics lcd... would be nice to get an cd rip program working with the menus etc... mmm have to get one lcd to playwith so i get the hold of it and mail suggestions to the lcd plugin makers.. or the maker of the one i find to be the best atleast... who needs lame mp3 players when an mp3 computer can do it all.... anyhow if winamp would support the lcd would be nice with grafix skins for the lcd :smile:))...
been thinking of buying your lcds for ages,, sad that the retailor here in sweden takes like $70 more then i have to pay for it direct from you.... so ill order direct from you guys instead...

btw can you please explain the cold cathode version, is that with blueish screen?
/daemon

/daemon

Psychodaemon
LCD!

Post by Psychodaemon »

On 2001-11-01 13:26, Psychodaemon wrote:
btw can you please explain the cold cathode version, is that with blueish screen?
/daemon
ne1 knows?

/daemon

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

Well, thats exacly what it is. There is a CCFL under the LCD display instead of EL or LED backlight. Making it very ice blue.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Henry on 2001-11-08 09:41 ]</font>